Chapter 19

As much as her vague answer really lifted his spirits, his curiosity still spiked. He knew they talked ahout him, but he wanted to know what. The little thing stopping him from asking is the promise of giving her space. Steve didn't want to seem pushy and he's not sure if he's in the place to ask.

"Babe?" [Y/N]'s soft voice pulled him out of his thoughts, staring up at him as he stood in one place in the middle of her apartment for a while. She knew his mind was occupied with certain things but didn't want to push him into spitting it out. "You with me?"

Steve studied her face for a while before a smile broke out of his face. He wrapped his arms around the woman who welcomed the affection and sighed in content. He kissed her forehead, lips lingering for a while, enveloping himself in her presence. "Always."

[Y/N] chuckled, body warming up just by the Steve's embrace. He could always make her smile. "You missed," [Y/N] murmured as she reached up and kissed him. Steve hold onto her tighter, arms holding her tight enough to his chest. It was soft, lingering and special. Only a small act of affection, only for the two to have.

[Y/N] pulled away, seemingly had her breath taken away from her. Steve Rogers was a better kisser than people would think. "Time for bed, captain," she breathed out as she lead the way.

They fixed themselves once they got in her room, got a shower and some pajamas. [Y/N] already was on the bed after being told by Steve she can have the shower first. Steve won't mention it but he saw her pouting when he told her.

When Steve got out of the shower, refreshed with clean clothes, [Y/N] was sitting on the bed, phone in hand. There was a second pillow on her bed, and she already scooted to the right side. [Y/N] placed her phone down was looking at him expectantly as if patiently waiting for him to get beside her. Steve snorted, she wasn't as smooth as she thought she is. "I have a feeling you've prepared for this," he teased.

"What gave you that idea?"[Y/N] smirked as she pat the space next to her. Steve rolled his eyes and laughed at bit. She was so mischievous and it was always great to tease her back. He toiled a step backwards and tried to look apologetic but [Y/N] could clearly see the playful glint in his eyes. "I think I'd go on the couch, want to give you some space."

Steve turned around with a shit-eating grin on his face after seeing [Y/N]'s unimpressed face. Before he could even reach for the doorknob, he sensed something hurdling at the side of his head. He dodged in time to see a small sharp dagger that could've caught his ear if he didn't move fast enough.

"Rogers," [Y/N] stated, her tone void of any humor. Steve turned to see [Y/N]'s absolutely stoic face glaring back at him. "Get your star spangly ass on my bed or I'll be tying you down the headboard."

Steve put on one of his precious smiles, fully knowing the depth of her threats. It didn't scare him anymore; it's just all too amusing for him. He started to walk towards the bed and climbed up. "So rough..." he teased as he settled closely beside her, pulling the covers over him.

She snorted, leaning over to Steve. "You don't know the half of it," [Y/N] chuckled as she pressed her lips to his forehead. Steve didn't even try to stifle the small giggle he had. She was surely a lot affectionate at night time.

"You missed," he murmured before reaching up to her cheek and placing his lips on hers. It was quick, just a peck, sweet and tender, but it was enough to make their hearts soar.

The two laid down, wrapped in each other's arms that was inexplicably comfortable for them. Steve's head were on [Y/N]'s chest so she could play with the ends of his hair until he could fall asleep. His breathing was calm and fanning her neck. In this way she could be the big spoon.