Chapter 4

You help me with anything I want you to. Steve punched the bag in front of him.

When I ask, you answer. He hit it again and it swung from the impact.

You don't get to ask questions about my own agendas. So don't even try. Another punch and the seam on the bag opened a bit.

Whatever happens, don't let me be caught. I don't care if you have to lie or if you have to deceive your teammates. Compromise our little arrangement and our deal is off.

Betray me. And there'll be consequences. A particular hard punch made the bag swung to almost a ninety degree angle.

In exchange, I'll give you my services about everything I know about your missions. Just send me your whole file and I'll send it back better. That's my bargain, captain.

Isn't that a little unfair on my part?

Of course it is. Do we have a deal? The bag swung bag, ready to hit whatever is in its way.

Deal. Steve readied himself, bracing for it.

Congrats, captain. You just made a deal with the devil. He caught the bag with his hands, not even moving a bit from the impact. He glared at the bag as he breathed heavily. He remembered their deal as if it was only yesterday. How he agreed to it with little thought in such little time was beyond him. And after a night's rest, he realized what he did and came here to beat the frustrations out of him through something healthy like destroying yet another punching bag and enduring one of Tony's talks about how these things doesn't fall out of the sky.

"Steve?" A familiar voice sounded and Steve turned to see Bucky with his arms crossed. Steve let go of the bag in front of him and dusted his hands. "Yeah, Buck?"

"Anything bothering you?"

"No." Bucky's only answer was an eyebrow raised, making Steve chuckle. "No, Buck. Just tired, I guess."

"Steve."

"Yeah?"

"I may have forgotten a lot of things." Steve worryingly looked up to listen to his friend more as he removed the wrapping around his hands. "But I still can remember how terrible you are at lying."

"It's nothing." Steve shook his head with a smile to convince Bucky it was true. He turned around, leaving Bucky to his thoughts. Steve wasn't fooling anyone, especially him.

__________

Steve twirled the drive in his hands. He was channeling his inner spy, trying to be as quiet as possible and finish this job as fast as he can. He glanced around to make sure no one was following before entering the room.

"Insert this USB to any servers you have." She threw the drive to him and he caught it. Steve analyzed it; it looked nothing out of the ordinary, just a standard drive he sees all the time in the tower. "What would this do?"

"Just do it, Rogers." [Y/N] rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Will you be able to access everything we have if I do this?" Steve asked in all seriousness.

"Do you want the lie or the truth?"

"Truth."

"Yes."

Steve only nodded and didn't say anything else. He didn't want her to know. But somehow, he trusted that she won't do any harm. He trusted her.

This was the one server Cap noticed had zero to none inspection. He turned it around and inserted the drive next to the many others. It beeped softly and copied the colors of the ones it was next to.