Epilogue pt.2

[A/N: Epilogue part two because bitch you thought. MCU is already sad. There's no way we're doing that in our fic. Over my dead body.]

It was an emotional roller coaster. After the two had reunited and calmed down themselves, they laughed. They laughed at each other's tears. They knew nothing better than just to laugh at how dramatic that was and how happy they were now. But when they settled, they were left with a silence they missed so much. That was until Steve's eyes widened which just alerted [Y/N].

"Why? What's wrong?" [Y/N] asked instantly as panic struck Steve.

"Have you told the kids yet?"

[Y/N]'s eyes bulged. That haven't even crossed her mind yet. She hasn't planned on what to say to those children. If she could remember clearly, she told them to forget her. She could just let them continue without her peacefully, but one look on Steve, she knew what to do. [Y/N] knows those rascals would be happy to see her.
_______

"Guys, I'm here with [Y/N]," Steve called out as he opened the door to the children's home. He had [Y/N] behind him, holding hands, smiling at each other, trying to keep quiet and not ruin the surprise. [Y/N] said they wouldn't believe Steve even if he said it.

Kaleb, Lily and Avery who were studying in the kitchen heard Steve. They did give him a key to their house. Lily smiled at Steve's voice, ready to greet him and getting excited at the mention of [Y/N], thinking Steve brought her another picture of [Y/N]. Kaleb and Avery shared a sad look. "Did he bring the tomb?" Avery whispered to Kaleb, feeling bad just saying it.

Steve led the way, the children smiling as wide the grin on Steve's face. He stopped just after the corner, standing there one hand behind his back with a happy expression. Their eyes bulged when [Y/N] popped out from Steve's back, holding his hand. "Nope! He brought me!" [Y/N] cheered.

"Hi, kids." [Y/N] waved, looking at each of them of fondly but they only gave her jaw slackened expressions and shocked eyes. [Y/N] laughed, putting her other hand on her hip. "Did you miss m-"

Steve had to let go of [Y/N]'s hand because the three crying children had ran directly towards her, tackling her to the ground. They encased her in their arms, all crying different things about how much they missed her and how it was so hard to live without her. They kept trying to make her promise never to do that again and [Y/N] could only nod, laughing.

Steve looked down at them, smiling, it was so calming to see the kids happy like that. The three hugged her tightly, sobbing in her arms. Steve appreciated watching their reunion happen, he knew how much the children missed [Y/N]. But now he couldn't stop but think how the others would react when they find out.

[Y/N] and Steve spent dinner in the kids' house. They even insisted that they stay the night just so [Y/N] could stay for longer. She only laughed but denied. She had to painfully remind them that it was a school night and she wasn't about to be a reason for their ditching. Plus, she and Steve had this other stop. And they have been both itching to just know if the avengers' reaction were any better than the kids'.
_______

"Um, guys you need to see this." Tony waved everyone over as he showed them the security footage. He had received a notification when Steve's identification card was used to get inside the tower, who was now inside the elevator, on his way to the living room. But he wasn't alone.

Bucky narrowed his eyes at the screen. "Who the hell is that?" He cursed when he saw Steve's arm around a woman, a blonde one to be exact, laughing and talking to each other up close. It just shocked everyone in the room. They hoped it wasn't what they were thinking about. Especially Bucky since no, no, no, that's not how he raised that punk.