''Well, it's not you who has to deal with this, so why ask?'' He remarked, keeping his gaze fixed on the documents in front of him. 

''Well, it's not you who has to deal with this. It's none of your concern,'' you mocked, copying his voice as well as you could. 

He turned to you, eyebrows raised. ''What are you trying to achieve here?'' He wondered. 

''What are you trying to achieve here?'' You copied again, a mischievous grin on your face. 

Mycroft frowned, pouting his lips. ''I must say, (Y/N), this behaviour of yours is quite childish.'' He didn't show it on the outside, of course, but on the inside, he felt kind of hurt and disappointed. He felt like he had to defend himself in some way in order to maintain the upper hand in your battle of trying to change him, and he figured the only way to properly do that was to play along with your games.

''Oh, come on, Mycroft!'' You whined, rolling your eyes. ''You really need to loosen up a little.'' 

He scoffed. ''Loosen up a little? I am sure you can tell me all about that.'' 

''What is that supposed to mean?'' You called out indignantly. 

He shrugged, taking a sip from his now cold coffee. ''I'm just saying you have taken that term quite broadly. Loosening up can be a good thing sometimes, (Y/N), but not when it comes to diets and food patterns. You really must stick to those if you want results, Dear.'' 

You stared at Mycroft with your mouth hanging open. 

''Careful, Darling, don't stretch that even more. There already fits too much food in it, don't want to make that worse.'' He commented.

Tears brimmed your eyes as you slowly lowered the cup onto the counter. ''W-What are you trying to say here, Mycroft?'' You stammered, trying your best to keep it together in front of him. 

''Nothing, (Y/N). Just suggesting you'd lose weight instead of gain it.'' 

Again, you couldn't help but stare at him as tears began to roll down your cheeks. He had taken one of your biggest insecurities and used them so harshly against you. You had trusted him when you told him all about how much you disliked your body and at the time, he had comforted and assured you that you were beautiful the way you were. But here he was, stating the exact opposite and intentionally hurting your feelings.

Finally, Mycroft looked up at you. The smirk on his face instantly faded as he took in your expression. He noticed the tears on your face and quickly realised he had taken it too far. He hadn't been humorous at all like he thought he had been, he was being hurtful. ''No, no, (Y/N). I didn't mean it, I- I...'' 

You shook your head and gave him no time to collect his words. You wiped your eyes and rushed upstairs, locking yourself in one of the bathrooms as more tears flowed. 

Mycroft immediately got up and followed you, pounding on the door and begging you to open it. ''Darling, please, I didn't mean any of that. I wasn't thinking properly and I was just trying to reciprocate your mockery.'' 

''Go away,'' you choked. 

''(Y/N), I'm sorry! I took it too far, I'm sorry, Darling. Please, let me in.'' 

You shook your head but at the realisation he couldn't see you, you let out a strangled 'no'.

Mycroft bit his lip, guilt rising in his chest. He reached for a pin in his pocket and forced the door open. You tried to protest but he was only focussed on getting his apology across. He saw your tears and how much his words had actually hurt you and he let all his walls crumble to the floor.

 He sat down next to you and gathered you in his arms, holding you tightly. ''Darling, I'm sorry. I really am, please forgive me,'' he muttered into your hair. 

You held onto him and nodded softly, the occasional sob shaking your body. ''It's okay.'' You sniffed, pulling away from the embrace. ''I guess I was trying to force it out of you. I'm sorry, too. I am not trying to change you, I just want to get to know you on a more emotional level.'' 

''I know, Darling, I know.'' He sighed. ''I just have a tough time opening up. Surely, you must understand?'' 

You smiled softly and nodded. ''Of course, I do, Myc. It just bothers me sometimes but I love you and I want you to feel comfortable.'' 

He bent down and captured your lips in a brief kiss. ''I love you, too. No matter how indifferent I may act, I truly do. Remember that, Darling. I love you.'' 

You giggled and kissed him again, nuzzling close. ''You're the best.'' You sighed contently. 

''Only because of you.''