Consulting Criminal

Requested by MariWhoLock 

Song: Lurk by The Neigbourhood

I want to be honest, I want to be bad

I want to destroy you, I want to move fast

I want the attention, I want all the cash

I want all the ass, is that too much to ask?

I want to be faithful, I want to be raw

I want to be ignorant, I want to know all

I want to die someday, I want to live long

I want what I ask for, I get what I want

James Moriarty, the world's only consulting criminal and the most dangerous man on the planet. He had everything he could possibly want. Money, fame, a strong network. You name it, he had it. It felt amazing to have so much power and spread so much fear in the hearts of humanity. Newspapers, television networks, magazines. They all spread the word of the man you'd never want to encounter. 

He caused chaos, hatred and brutal annihilation wherever he went. He showed no mercy in his destructive paths and killed everyone who got in the way of his triumph. He was the mastermind behind the most notorious crimes of the century. His connections went further than anyone could possibly imagine. And he loved it. 

Life for him could not get any better than it was now. It had taken him years to build the empire, the reputation he had today. But all the hard work, the suffering and the time he had put into his goals paid off in the end. He seemed to have it all. And he agreed on that statement. Until one day... he fell in love.

It had caught him by total surprise. Weird feelings he had never experienced before came bubbling to the surface, interfering with his everyday life. His actions weren't as well thought out and planned anymore, they were impulsive. He didn't think things through. He thought he was sick, dying even. But once he realised what was truly going on, he could only dream that he was dying. 

Sentiment.

It had manifested itself in Jim's brain and it wouldn't go away no matter what he did. He was heartbroken without even approaching the woman. She intoxicated him with her movements. He wanted her. He needed her. As long as she was not his, he wouldn't have all. 

His happiness was melting, disappearing like snow met by the sun. He craved her. The burning desire took over his entire mind and body. Rationality was no longer a word in his personal dictionary. All he thought of, day and night, was the lady who managed to bring the consulting criminal to his knees. And the scariest part for him was you didn't even know you were doing it. Hell, you weren't even aware of him. 

Sure, you had heard of his existence. The crimes he had commit, the amount of blood on his hands, but you had never given him much thought. Why would you? It wasn't of any importance to you. Or at least, that's what you thought. 

You had no clue that Moriarty himself watched your every move. You had no idea what you were doing to him. And it drove him insane. How could a simplistic woman like you, an everyday civilian have such an effect on him? He wanted answers. 

So, he abandoned all sense of sanity and thoughtfulness. What was right and safe for him to do, didn't matter. It could possibly endanger the entire network he had worked so hard on, but at the time, he didn't care. He didn't even think about it, he couldn't. You took over his mind like a curse. You were the only woman to have ever been able to do that. And he was going to claim you as his own.