Saving London

Requested by fangirlfanfic_addict 

This is a BBC Sherlock/Avengers crossover. I hope you all like it! It took me a while to write, I wanted to make sure I got it right. I truly hope that I did, but please let me know if  I messed up somewhere. Thank you for 183K. I love you all so, so much ♥

~***~

You heard muffled voices argue as you approached the door to your brother's penthouse. Curiosity got the better of you and you opened the door without even thinking about knocking. All the Avengers, including your brother, turned around to see who was interrupting their meeting. ''Oh, hi, Sis.'' Tony greeted. ''You came in exactly on time, (Y/N).'' Nick Fury stated. ''You raised your eyebrow. ''I did?'' The whole group nodded and beckoned you to join their conversation. ''We need you to do something, (N/N).'' Tony started. ''I'm not going to get new clothes for Bruce again. If he'd sign up for some anger management classes, he wouldn't have to get new ones constantly!'' Your older brother chuckled, earning a glare from Nick. ''That's not what we need your help with, (Y/N).'' Clint said, suppressing a laugh at your assumption. ''Then what do you want me to do?'' You questioned. ''One of the most dangerous mafia gangs in London has found what we believe is some alien technology. They have somehow figured out how to use it and are now using it to kill incredulous amounts of people.'' Nick Fury explained. ''We have been looking for them for a few weeks now, but we've had no luck so far. We are unfamiliar with England's capital city and we need an expert to help us out before the gang manages to take even more innocent lives.'' You frowned in confusion, not knowing exactly where this was headed. ''If you're looking for someone who knows London well, you shouldn't be asking me.'' You laughed nervously. Tony shook his head. ''There's a man who lives in London. He is one of the smartest people I have ever heard of. He and his brother know the city better than anyone else and with their intellect, they'll definitely be able to help us fix this.'' He explained. ''And you need me to do what exactly?'' You asked, already having a feeling. ''You need to convince him to help us.'' Steve stated. ''Alright, I'm up for it. How do I convince this man?'' Natasha smirked. ''With your power of seduction, of course!''

Having landed in London, you exited your brother's private jet, the other Avengers right behind you. ''Okay, (Y/N), the man you're looking for is called Sherlock Holmes. He lives at 221B Baker Street, which is not far from here. All you need to do is convince him to help us, without letting any information slip about the existence of aliens and their technology. Got it?'' You nodded confidently. ''I got it, Nick.'' Tony patted your shoulder. ''Make us proud, little sister. And one word of advice, I heard this Sherlock guy can be quite rude, but whatever he says, don't lose your temper!'' You nodded in understanding and then began the short journey to Baker Street.

During the long flight to London, your brother and the other Avengers had explained more about what exactly was going on. They weren't sure if they were correct, but if they were, the world could be in great danger. The Avengers believed that the alien technology the mafia gang had found was a leftover of the Chitauri. You could still remember the day of the invasion clearly. Loki had tried to destroy everyone by opening a portal to Manhattan, but the Avengers had managed to defeat him just in time. After destroying the Chitauri race, you all had travelled the globe to find all the remaining pieces of their technology that might have ended up somewhere it didn't belong. You were all sure you had gotten rid of every proof that the Chitauri ever existed, but now there was this haunting feeling that you were wrong. If the mafia gang really did have access to their technology, everyone could be in great danger. You had to convince Sherlock Holmes to help you out or the Avengers might not be able to find the dangerous gang. 

You kept repeating the strategies and tips Natasha had giving you before you started this mission in your head, hoping he'd fall for it. Why you had to be the one to convince him, you didn't know. You disliked putting yourself out there, but Nick had trusted you to execute this job well and you were going to prove you could do it.

You soon arrived at Baker Street and after paying the cabbie, you got out. You hesitantly knocked on the door and waited for it to open. An elderly lady stood in the doorway, a kind smile on her face. ''Hello, Dear. Are you here for Sherlock?'' She wondered, her voice just as kind and sweet as her appearance made her look. You nodded. ''Yes. Yes, I am.'' She opened the door a little wider and invited you in. ''He's right upstairs.'' You thanked her and hurriedly walked up the stairs, you just wanted to get the job done as quickly as possible. 

You placed a knock on the door. ''Come in!'' A deep voice shouted. You frowned, but did as you were told. ''Hello, Mr Holmes. I'm—'' He waved his hand dismissively. ''Yes, yes, yes, you need my help. Let's not bother with those formalities and greetings. All that nonsense is just a waste of time. Sit down and tell me about your case. Do hurry up, I have some eyeballs to fry.'' You didn't let his odd attitude faze you and you confidently began to tell your story.

By the end of it, he had sat up straight and was staring intently at you. ''Will you help me, Mr Holmes?'' You wondered, praying he'd say yes. ''Yes, on one condition.'' He stated. ''Oh, thank you, sir! Anything you need!'' You smiled widely. ''There's something you're keeping from me and I want to know what. I can't deduce you like I can with others, so I'll have to get it out of you the old-fashioned way.'' You were momentarily at loss for words, but managed to get your act together. ''I'm not sure what you're suggesting, Mr Holmes.'' You laughed nervously. ''Call me Sherlock and tell me what you're hiding or I won't assist you.'' You huffed. ''Fine.'' You were aware that disobeying Fury's orders could mean serious consequences, but there was no way the stubborn man in front of you was going to help you if you didn't tell him what he wanted to hear. ''My team suspects that this mafia gang I mentioned possesses some dangerous technology and we need to find out for sure. If it's true, and we don't do something, the whole world could be in danger.'' You explained. ''What kind of technology?'' He questioned. ''Alien technology. Very dangerous alien technology.'' You confessed. 

In a split second, he was on his feet and already putting his coat on. ''Whoa! Where are you going?'' You asked, surprised at his reaction. ''You're taking me to meet the rest of your team and then we're going to catch these criminals!'' He exclaimed, obviously enjoying this way too much. You chuckled and nodded, agreeing with his demands. ''Follow me.''

After introducing Sherlock to the Avengers, he had tracked down the gang you were looking for within four hours. Your assumptions had been correct and the mafia gang indeed had access to the dangerous items. The alien technology was safely removed and destroyed. It could no longer hurt anyone else and the last remaining proof of the Chitauri was forever gone.