Love Conquers All

It all started a little over four years ago. You met Sherlock Holmes in the building where your sister had been murdered. Scotland Yard had gotten nowhere and you were desperate for answers. You were answering some questions when your eyes met his. You started talking and he solved the case. Afterwards, you kept visiting 221B regularly and you became close friends with Sherlock and John. It was after a few months when you started helping out on cases, when you discovered that your feelings towards the consulting detective weren't just those of friendship. You had developed a stronger type of feelings for him, the feelings of love and adoration. Sherlock never seemed to be interested in you that way but little did you know that he had a massive crush on you as well. John had gotten engaged and moved out of 221B. You spent more and more time with Sherlock and eventually moved in with him. Because of the amount of time that you spent together, it got harder to keep your feelings to yourself. But after almost a year of hiding how you truly felt, you gave in and kissed the sociopath you had grown to love. To your surprise, Sherlock kissed back and things hastily escalated that night. Sherlock had been in love with you since the start. You started dating and got engaged after two years. You married Sherlock shortly after you had gotten engaged. Your life couldn't get any better. Everything was perfect until the accident...

===<>===

The steady beeping of the heart monitor was driving me insane. I clutched onto her hand and hoped that she would open her eyes and look at me with that loving gaze, just like she always did. But she wasn't waking up. She was in a coma and it was completely my fault. I asked her to go to the morgue and fetch me some body parts for an experiment. She had been gone for three hours and I was starting to get worried, it only took an hour to get to St. Bart's and back. And then I received the phone call. (Y/N) had gotten into a terrible car accident and was in critical condition. Tears made their way down my cheeks again as I thought of the numerous things that I could've done to prevent this. I could've gone myself. Or I could've gone with her and I would've deduced that the cabbie was drunk and she would never have gotten into that cab. My silent tears turned into loud sobs as I tried my hardest to control myself. ''I-I'm so sorry, (Y/N).'' I sobbed. I dropped my head onto her limp body and sobbed into her lap. ''I'm so, so sorry!'' I couldn't control myself any longer. The thought of losing my wife was too much to bare. I had never loved anyone as much as I loved her. She was my everything and without her, I was nothing. I was just the useless drug addict who solved crimes to get high without her. She kept me right and never doubted my abilities. My love for her was indescribable. And now I was losing her because of some stupid body parts. I let out an agonizing scream. I gripped her hand even tighter and raised my head slightly to look at her as sobs continued to shake my body. She looked so peaceful. She couldn't feel the pain while she was asleep. Her head had large bandages wrapped around it to stop the large wound from bleeding. There were a few bruises on her neck and her lip had a small split in it. Her chest slowly rose up and down as she took deep breaths. She had a small smile on her face and I knew that she was dreaming about something nice. I cried silent tears again, my eyes were red and swollen and my head hurt more than it ever had before. But I couldn't close my eyes and rest, I had to stay awake and watch her constantly. I had to be there if something would happen. I had to be there if she woke up. 

Let me know what you think of it so far! ♥