Love Conquers All~Part 5.

A doctor entered the room, a medical file in his hands. I gulped and feared the worst. Tears were threatening to spill again as the doctor began to speak, ''I'm delighted to inform you that (Y/N) has made a lot of progress these last couple of weeks and that she will make a full recovery! It won't be long until she wakes up. You'll be able to take her home after we run some tests.'' My mouth fell open and I stared at the doctor with widened eyes. I no longer had control of my body and I jumped up, hugging the unfamiliar doctor so tightly that I might've broken a few bones. ''Thank you.'' I sobbed. ''No problem. It's my job, after all.'' The doctor smiled and then left the room to give us some privacy as I waited for (Y/N) to open her eyes. I sat down in the chair that had been my home for the past few weeks and held onto her hand. I carefully raised it to my lips and planted a soft kiss on her knuckles. Deciding that I should call my parents and Mycroft so they could be here when she woke up, I took my phone from my pocket and quickly called my mother and father. ''Hello?'' My mother's voice spoke. ''You and father need to come to the hospital and bring Mycroft too.'' I said quickly. ''Oh no, is something wrong?'' I heard my mother's voice crack with emotion as she tried to contain her sobs. ''No, no, no. She's going to wake up soon.''

___

''Are we too late?'' My mother busted into the room, my father and Mycroft right behind her. I shook my head and smiled, gesturing to the empty seats. They all sat down and stared at (Y/N). No one said a word as we all waited for her eyes to open. Suddenly, a loud beeping noise filled the room and my head shot up to her heart monitor. ''NO!'' I screamed. Doctors and nurses rushed in and forced all of us out of the room. ''No.'' I sobbed. Mycroft grabbed my shoulders to keep me from falling to the floor as we hoped that they could save her life. ''He-He said that she was doing okay.'' Mycroft guided me to one of the chairs in the waiting room and pushed me onto it. My parents were crying silently but I couldn't cry anymore. All my energy and emotion was drained from me and I just felt emptiness. I stared at the doors where we were just pushed out of and felt sick to my stomach. ''Calm down, Sherlock.'' Mycroft said. I shook my head in response and covered my mouth with one of my hands, the heaviness of the situation finally sinking in and taking control. ''N-No.'' I burst out in tears and flung myself onto the floor. Mycroft tried to get me up but he couldn't do it. He sat down in a chair and kept his hand on my shoulder as I cried into my hands. ''It can't be over!'' I cried. No one knew what to say so they kept quiet and awaited the verdict.

What seemed like hours passed until a doctor entered the waiting room. My head shot up. My eyes were sore from crying and my throat was burning. I couldn't see the doctor's face clearly and I couldn't deduce a single thing. ''Mr. Holmes,'' The doctor started, ''We, fortunately, managed to save your wife. She is stable now and you may see her. She hasn't woken up yet but she probably will soon.'' I hastily stood up from the floor but lost my balance and nearly fell against the wall. Mycroft was quick enough to grab my shoulders and keep me in my standing position. ''Careful, brother mine.'' He warned. I nodded and shook his hands off of me, running to her room.

I sat next to her on the bed and grabbed her hand, kissing it repeatedly. Her eyes fluttered open and I saw her (E/C) orbs staring at me. I smiled widely as tears rolled down my cheeks, but they were tears from happiness. ''I love you so much.'' I whispered. (Y/N) looked at me, confusion written all over her face. ''Sh-Sherlock?'' She croaked. ''Yes, yes, I'm here.'' I assured. ''What-What happened? Where am I?'' She stuttered, she started to panic and I immediately tried to calm her down. I stroked her hair and placed numerous kisses onto her forehead, making sure that I didn't touch the wound and hurt her. ''You're in the hospital, my love. You were in a car accident. You've been in a coma for six weeks.'' I explained. Her eyes widened and she tried to sit up but I pushed her back onto the bed. ''Careful, (Y/N). You're still recovering.'' She nodded and calmed down a little.

''I thought I lost you.'' I whispered, cupping her cheeks with my hands. Tears welled up in her eyes as she slowly raised her bandaged hand to my face. She stroked my cheek and smiled weakly. ''I love you.'' She whispered. ''I love you too.''

A/N:

My internet connection is horrible. I tried to publish this five times and it failed everytime. I hope it works properly now. Anyway, this is the final part to this mini-series unless you want a part 6 and have an idea for it. I hope you enjoyed this part. Thank you for voting/commenting. ♥

ALSO,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 40K READS! I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY I'VE GOT. THANK YOU!