Trevor

Requested by PrincessPeach211

SherlockxMale!Reader

I hope you all like it ♥

~***~ 

You and Sherlock walked past a pet store. ''Sherlock—'' You started. ''No.'' He said, cutting you off. ''You don't even know what I was going to say!'' You argued. ''You were going to ask me if we could get a pet. The answer is no.'' He stated, proving you wrong. ''Give me one good reason of why we shouldn't get a pet? It's great company.'' You said. Sherlock looked at you, a hint of sadness in his eyes which he tried to hide unsuccessfully. ''Am I not great company?'' He wondered. You rolled your eyes and smiled. ''That's not what I meant, Love. You're terrific, but I've always wanted a dog. Pets are just nice to have around.'' You explained. Sherlock nodded and seemed to be considering it.

The two of you arrived back at the flat you shared. Sherlock hung his coat and scarf on the coatrack and gracefully fell on the couch. You lifted his head for a moment and sat down, letting his head rest on your lap. You absentmindedly stroked his hair as you googled pictures of dogs and learned how you should take care of one.

Sherlock opened his eyes after a few hours and looked up at you. ''I have made a decision.'' He declared. ''About the dog?'' You wondered, looking at him instead of your phone. He nodded. A wide smile made its way on your face as you looked expectantly at your boyfriend. ''Well?'' You asked, excited. ''No dog.'' He stated. The smile disappeared from your face. ''Why not?'' Sherlock noticed the tears in your eyes and sighed. He sat up and looked at you, one hand on your knee. ''It's just too noisy, Love.'' He explained. ''I need to be able to think properly on cases without being interrupted by loud barking.'' Sherlock pressed a kiss on your cheek. ''Don't cry, please. I hate it when you cry.'' He said softly. ''I'm going out.'' You stated. You stood up and grabbed your coat, putting it on quickly. ''(Y/N), don't go. It's just a dog!'' Sherlock countered. You rolled your eyes and ran out of the flat. You didn't know where you were headed. You just wanted to take a long walk and clear your mind.

You arrived back at Baker Street after a few hours of pointless wandering. You were tired and all you wanted was to go to bed and sleep for days. You unlocked the door, expecting to see Sherlock, but he wasn't there. You hung up your coat and searched for your boyfriend.

You heard noises coming from the bedroom and you quietly opened the door. Sherlock was sitting cross-legged on the bed. He had a wide smile on his face and a small, yellow ball in his hand. ''Alright, Trevor, are you ready?'' He asked, not noticing you. You were confused for a second until you heard a soft bark. Your head snapped into the direction of the sound and you saw the most adorable puppy. It was a young Jack Russel Terrier.

Sherlock threw the ball into the direction of the door and watched as Trevor ran after it. His eyes met yours and he shot up. ''(Y/N)! Hi!'' He exclaimed. ''I thought you said no dog.'' You pointed out, a smirk playing on your lips. ''Yes, that's what I said.'' Sherlock agreed. ''What do you call that then?'' You asked, pointing at Trevor who was chewing on the yellow ball. Sherlock looked at Trevor and back at you. ''That's a yellow ball, (Y/N).'' He stated. You rolled your eyes and shook your head at the childlike behaviour of your boyfriend. ''I meant the thing chewing on the yellow ball.'' You said, amused. ''Oh, that!'' Sherlock said dramatically. ''That's a potato.'' He decided. You laughed and wrapped your arms around Sherlock's neck. ''Thank you, Love.'' You muttered against his lips. ''You're welcome.''