Stone Cold

Requested by AC_A99 

Song: Stone Cold by Demi Lovato 

Stone cold, stone cold

You see me standing, but I'm dying on the floor

Stone cold, stone cold

Maybe if I don't cry, I won't feel anymore

''Sergeant (Y/L/N), is that all you can do?'' Sherlock sighed. ''You lower the IQ of the whole street.'' You rolled your eyes and pretended not to be bothered by his hurtful words. You continued examining the body and attempted to block him out. ''Sherlock, be nice.'' Molly said. ''I'm sorry, Love.'' He said, wrapping an arm around her waist and kissing her cheek. Molly giggled and rested her head against Sherlock's chest. The perfect couple is what people at Scotland Yard called them. You and Sherlock had never gotten along, he didn't like you and was never afraid of calling you an idiot, but that didn't stop you from developing feelings for him. You were an expert at hiding them though. Sherlock didn't have a clue. You knew it would never work out. Sherlock was happy with Molly. They had been together for quite some time now, and you knew very well that he would never leave her for anyone, especially not you. You weren't good enough for him.

Stone cold, baby

God knows I tried to feel

Happy for you

Know that I am, even if I

Can't understand, I'll take the pain

Give me the truth, me and my heart

We'll make it through

If happy is her, I'm happy for you

It was a freezing cold day, but it didn't stop you from chasing that criminal. None of your colleagues dared to go outside in this horrible weather, but you couldn't let this killer escape. It was a horrible mistake. The murderer had you pinned against the wall, pressing a gun against your temple. With your eyes, you begged him to shoot you. He had already stabbed you in your leg and stomach and you were in so much pain, it was overwhelming. You didn't understand how you were still conscious. You had no one to live for, no one would miss you, so your death wouldn't matter anyway. ''Let her go.'' A deep voice demanded. You didn't dare look away from the killer's eyes. ''I said let her go.'' The consulting detective pressed his gun against the back of the man's head. Lestrade realised you went after the murderer and had called Sherlock for help. Sherlock was against it at first. Why would he want to save you? But Molly convinced him to find you and help, so he did.

Stone cold, stone cold

You're dancing with her, while I'm staring at my phone

Stone cold, stone cold

I was your amber, but now she's your shade of gold

The murderer backed away and Sherlock cuffed him, pinning him against the floor. Some other Scotland Yard officers soon arrived at the scene and took him away, leaving Sherlock to take you to the hospital. He had stayed with you the entire time and let you stay at his flat for a few weeks after you were allowed to go home. This was the start of your friendship with Sherlock Holmes. He realised how smart and brave you actually were and he started to like you. You and him went on a lot of cases together, but Molly was always there as well.

You watched as Sherlock was smiling widely, twirling Molly in the air. They were so happy together, and you were all alone. You weren't who you used to be anymore. The incident had changed you and you became bitter. Having to see Sherlock with another woman every time was too much for you. The pain you were in each and every day was overwhelming sometimes, so you slept a lot. It became worse and worse, and you didn't have as much time to work anymore. At one point, Lestrade fired you because you barely showed up at work anymore. That sent you over the edge.

Stone cold, baby

God knows I tried to feel

Happy for you

Know that I am, even if I

Can't understand, I'll take the pain

Give me the truth, me and my heart

We'll make it through

If happy is her, I'm happy for you

It was time for you to go. Get a fresh start in a country far away from England. You were going to leave everyone behind. You didn't feel guilty about it. You knew it was the right thing to do. Your life in London was horrible. The man you loved so much would never love you, and seeing him with another woman was too much for you to handle. You had packed your suitcases and were about to leave 221B forever, but not before you left Sherlock a note. 

'Dear, Sherlock.' You wrote. 'I'll be long gone when you read this. It's time for me to go, I know it and so do you. I can never move on from the things that have happened in my life if I stay in London. I have been hiding something from you ever since we met. I'm in love with you. I would never be able to say this to you face-to-face, so that's why I'm writing it down instead. I love you so much, but you have Molly and you'll never love me. I will never be able to understand why you chose her and not me. That sounds really selfish, and in a way it is. I want you to know that I'm happy for you. If she makes you happy, who am I to ruin that? Have a good life, Sherlock Holmes. You deserve it. Love, (Y/F/N).' 

You placed the piece of paper on Sherlock's chair, knowing he'd look there eventually. You wandered around the flat one last time before heading out, your suitcases trailing behind you.

In your mind, you said goodbye to everyone you had met in London. You were never coming back. You didn't have a reason to. You were going to change your life and never look back. It was for the best.

Don't wanna be stone cold, stone

I wish I could mean this but here's my goodbye

Oh, I'm happy for you

Know that I am, even if I

Can't understand 

If happy is her, if happy is her 

I'm happy for you