Happy

Hello everyone. I'm sorry for the lack of updates and the poor quality of this oneshot. I felt bad for not updating so I wrote this very quickly. I don't have much time to write and if I write one of your requests, I want to be able to spend a lot of time on it and make it good. I haven't  forgotten about your requests and I will get to them, I'm just very busy at the moment. I hope you can forgive me. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding and also for 110K! I owe you all the world. ♥  

~***~

Her big, blue eyes were filled with tears, but sparkled in excitement when you appeared above her pink crib. ''What's wrong, Darling?'' You cooed, gently lifting Delilah and holding her in your arms. Your little bundle of joy sniffed and used her small fists to wipe the tears from her eyes. Her bottom lip trembled as she looked up at you. ''Da-Da.'' She babbled.

She had always been a daddy's girl. She simply couldn't get enough of Sherlock. He amazed her with his deductions and beautiful violin music. He was also the one who understood her the best. You sometimes had trouble trying to figure out what she meant with her babbling. She was only a year old and couldn't tell you what was bothering her. Sherlock was great with children and you loved watching him interact with your daughter. It made your heart flutter in your chest. But no matter how great he was at parenting, there was always the lingering doubt that he wasn't good enough for his little princess. He wanted to give the world to her and make her happy, but he simply couldn't. It was especially rough during the nights. Delilah would always wake up because of the nightmares that haunted her. She would start crying and it was nearly impossible to calm her down. It was tough seeing your daughter like that, you both struggled with it, but it was the hardest on Sherlock. He didn't have a lot of experience with emotions. They still confused him and it was harder for him to control them. He would often start crying as well when he saw how scared and helpless Delilah was. You'd end up trying to comfort both of them or you'd give them a moment together so they could calm each other down. The consulting detective seemed like an emotionless machine at times, but as soon as his baby daughter was nearby, he'd soften up. He was a wonderful father and a great husband and you couldn't have felt luckier.

''Daddy is downstairs, Poppet. Want to go see him?'' You asked. Delilah babbled some incoherent words and you decided to take that as a yes. You went back downstairs with your daughter in your arms. She started giggling as soon as you opened the door and revealed Sherlock. He was lying on the couch in his usual blue robe. His hands were underneath his chin, forming a triangle shape. He was clearly in his Mind Palace. ''Da-Da!'' Delilah squealed. Sherlock was deep in thought and didn't hear her, so you placed her on top of his chest and sat down in the leather chair to keep an eye on her. Sherlock's eyes opened and he looked down to investigate the sudden heaviness on his chest. He smiled widely when he met his daughter's blue eyes. ''Hello, Princess. Did you wake up early from your nap?'' He wondered.

Sherlock sat up a little as she crawled towards his face. He placed his hands on her back to keep her from falling.

Delilah raised her small hand and put it directly on her father's lips. You stifled a laugh at the sight of Sherlock's confused expression. ''Mow.'' Delilah stated. Sherlock pretended to bite her tiny fingers, earning loud giggles from Delilah. ''That's my mouth, Darling.'' He corrected her. She frowned in concentration as she moved her hand to his nose. ''Yes, that's my nose. Why are you pinching it?'' Sherlock inquired. ''She's exploring your face, Love.'' You explained. ''Oh, right.'' Delilah was clearly enjoying her father's confusion and started to giggle again. ''(Y/N), why is she making fun of me?'' Sherlock pouted, misunderstanding her joy. ''Because you have a funny face.'' You laughed. He glared at you before Delilah covered his eyes and pressed an open-mouthed kiss on his cheekbone. He chuckled as he gently removed her hands from his eyes. ''That's not how you give people kisses, Princess. Here, let me show you how you're supposed to do it.'' He pressed a gentle kiss on her cheek and smiled. The look on Delilah's face was priceless. ''Yuk.'' She exclaimed. ''That's not what your mother says when I kiss her.'' He replied smugly. ''Sherlock!'' He grinned wickedly and winked at you, making you blush.

He was about to make another smart-ass comment when Delilah tugged at his hair. ''Only your mother gets to do that.'' He said, eyes narrowed. She saw this as a challenge and did it again, using more strength this time. ''(Y/N), she hates me.'' Sherlock whined. You rolled your eyes and sighed. ''She doesn't hate you, Sherlock. She's just having fun.'' You honestly felt like you had two children sometimes. ''Da-Da.'' Delilah babbled. She pressed another kiss on his cheekbone, closing her mouth this time like Sherlock had taught here, and curled up on his chest. Sherlock smiled as she started to fall asleep in his arms.

''Okay, maybe she doesn't hate me.'' He admitted softly. You got up from your chair and joined the two on the couch. ''She certainly doesn't. And neither do I.'' He wrapped an arm around you and continued looking at his precious child. He had never been so happy before.

Unfortunately, that happy feeling didn't last very long.

''Did you miss me?''