As The World Falls Down

Requested by wonderlandrose 

Song: As the World Falls Down by David Bowie

It took me a while to write this request but I finally got to it. I know there are quite a few of you who are also waiting for your request to be published, and I will get to them, I promise. Whether it's in this book or the next one, all the requests that have been accepted are coming as soon as possible. I hope you all enjoy this oneshot! Have a lovely day everyone ♥

~***~

There's such a sad love

Deep in your eyes A kind of pale jewel

Open and closed Within your eyes

I'll place the sky

Within your eyes

Your eyes fluttered shut as you smiled to yourself. ''This night is just perfect, Sherlock.'' You sighed contently. The deep breaths you took allowed you to completely relax and take in the wonders of London at night. You felt his hand grab yours and you opened your eyes, moving your head sideways to meet his gaze. 

''Come closer,'' He whispered, smiling at you. 

You groaned as you managed to lift up your body from the comfortable blanket beneath you. Sherlock's hands directed you into a new position close to his chest. He buried his nose in your soft hair and breathed in the scent of your flowery shampoo. ''I could do this every single night,'' He muttered into your ear. 

A grin spread on your lips as you stared at the moon and the many stars. ''As do I,'' You agreed. ''Who knew that the roof of our flat could be so comfortable?'' 

''I knew. That's why I brought you here,'' He said softly. He shifted slightly, his firm grip on you not loosening for a second as he got more comfortable on the thick blanket. ''I never understood how people could be so fascinated by space and everything that goes with it. But now that I'm here with you, admiring the beauty of the world, I finally get it.''

You smiled and briefly tore away your gaze from the shining orbs in the sky to press a kiss on his lips. ''I love you, Sherlock,'' You whispered, staring into his eyes. 

''I love you, too.'' 

You pressed a quick kiss on the tip of his nose before moving your head to look at the stars again. 

It was the most pure and beautiful moment you had ever experienced. The night was cold, but the weather was still nice. The light contrasted beautifully against the deep blackness of the sky and there wasn't a single cloud to block the view. The busy streets of London accompanied by all the noise seemed so far away yet so close. You could hear cars driving by, angry chauffeurs honking and the singing of some drunk adults, but your ears seemed to ignore it all. 

It was just you and Sherlock laying on the roof and basking in the subtle moonlight. No one interrupted you. It was peaceful, magical and simply perfect. You never wanted it to end. This is what you had imagined a relationship to be like. It had been an unrealistic dream but nevertheless, it had come true. Sherlock was perfect for you. And your life had become better than you could have ever wished for. 

As the soft breeze hit your skin, you shut your eyes again and allowed yourself to drift off, enveloped by warmth and cosiness provided by your boyfriend. You felt his lips press against your temple so softly that it felt like a feather grazing your skin. A smile formed on your lips as you leant into him.