Chapter 8: To pull off the impossible, you have to belive.

The team couldn't believe they were doing this.
Setting eyes on the Sabertooth base was impressive enough. But raiding? A completely other level.
The base was impressive. A five story mansion in the middle of downtown Phoenix Drop. It was originally built before the great war that had torn the country apart. It had several bedrooms, all used to house the tens of members that took it as a second home.
But recently those numbers had been dwindling, slowly but definitely. With the Red Dragon hunting more and more members down, many of the gang members became reluctant to go out on the streets unsure if they were safe even with their own members patrolling the streets. And that as well as the death of their boss Gemma...well let's just say that they couldn't handle it. Now the gang was a hollow shell of the once powerful crime empire. Even so the ones who did stay were armed with shotguns, rifles, pistols, revolvers and the occasional machine gun turrets. All of them very much capable to put a man down.
And yet here they were. Preparing to raid this near perfect fort of a house.
Gold had known at some point during their fight against the Sabertooth gang that they would have to raid the head of operations but...like this? After all they did kill the boss. Was it necessary?
By Irene pull yourself together. You're the leader, you can't show any weakness. Gold hit himself.
"Let's go."
10 minutes later... 15:41
Sting looked round the compound. His worried look plastered onto his face.
It had been sometime since he had seen his partner Rogue. Last time he saw his friend was after Red Dragon and Shadow Hydra went on a rampage in the hospital, he had been in a coma at the time he could see but he couldn't speak or move. He hadn't seen him since....
But it was the rumours that had been flying around recently that worried him.
According to Rufus (the nerd guy) the shadow hydra had a new partner who was calling himself 'shadow dragon' or Skiadrum'. Orga confirmed it after he was attacked by him, the man used claw and fist weapons and Rogue was very good at boxing.
BOOM!!!💥💥💥💥
Suddenly, part of the south wall blew up stunning or killing several of the members that were placed there.
"For the city!" Sting rubbed his eyes as he couldn't believe what he saw.
It was the Red Dragon engulfed in flames his eyes were glowing and were leaving some sort of trail. He looked like the very devil himself. He had a blazing fireball in each hand. Behind him was a literal red dragon. Several members started to open fire, in a desperate attempt to keep them at bay. But that failed miserably when the other members of the vigilantes smashed down the walls.
"We're here! And you got to see it to believe it!"