End of Prick of a Finger

Announcements went throughout Avani of their victory. When the news came to Amishi, Queen Samantha said to her husband, "What did I tell you? There is no need to worry. They got their daughter back. You don't need to direct your anger at the magical creatures."

King Liam watched as their young son raced around with his two-year-old sister. "Yes, but at what cost? I will not put anything past a fairy, that is for certain. As for the merfolk, I think we can form a better alliance with them. I believe Avani needs to be wary of these matters. Magic users have threatened two children of royal families, and I won't forget it."

"Yes dear, and that princess is now a queen, and your son will be a king. Both children have made it through. We have a chance. Not all witches, wizards, or fairies are evil. There is good in them."

There was a knock at the door. They both turned as a page boy opened it and invited the new King and Queen of Avani inside. Along with them was Tori, who looked over at Edward, King Liam's son, with stern eyes. She was approaching the phase where boys seemed to be a nuisance.

"Liam, what is this?" Queen Samantha asked.

"I have asked the King and Queen of Avani to come to talk with us about the problem we face," he told her, stepping forward to greet their guests, "It is a pleasure to have you join us, Your Majesties. It seems we share a similar hatred for spinning wheels. As such, I'd like to talk about impure magical creatures. I think it's about time we keep them away from our lands."

"You mean witches and wizards," Turner clarified.

Liam nodded and then added, "And fairies, of course."

Tori was about to mouth off Liam with flames in her eyes, but Paige stopped her, "Well we would have to disagree. I'm afraid there is not enough that has happened to condemn a whole race. And going against witches and wizards would mean starting a war with Effa, which I do not plan to do. As for fairies, I love them with all my heart. Sure, a fairy cursed me, but some fairies protected me."

"I agree," Samantha said, "There is no reason to do this. Come with me, I'll get you some food from your long travel. We shall talk of other matters."

That was that. King Liam cooled himself down and decided they were right. It was not his business to judge people because of the actions of one.

However, his mind would soon be changed. What can a king do or say when both of his children were threatened and one successfully stolen from him? An issue he didn't know would spring up. The actions of one can create a demon in others.