109: Messiah? How many?

Start from the beginning

After much time past, the executioners collapsed. The people marvelled at the sight. They wanted to rejoice, but fear still controlled their hearts over Lea's incredulous capabilities.

As they waited for a moment to catch a breather with bated breath, they were slowly being healed. Unbeknownst to them, the eerie silence gave Lea ample time to make them able again.

When finished, she disappeared, leaving dust particles behind.

Since she came, she never moved from where she stood. And gone where she used to stand. And when she did so, the people who bore witness to her feat have burned the memory into their minds.

Whispers of illogical speculations arose, and come a time when Lea would find it very troublesome to be anywhere civilization.

"The God has come to help us!"

"Pristine as a mighty being she was... Thank you, oh Lord!"

"Brother... The saviour..."

"........ Are you okay now, Priscilla?"

"Yes, Brother. I feel like I did not go through anything inhumane at all..!"

"....."

Within the light of hope in everyone's eyes, the young boy's was much, much, different. The glint was far too different that his sister felt forbidding run through her skin. She tried to catch his attention by tapping his shoulder, but she was never noticed.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"What?"

"We are known to be a might to be feared in Sabrina, but in actuality, we are feared for being very different. Some of us.... as you might have noticed, are not totally human in nature." Ulyssis stated with his usual gentle expression, but within the depths of his clear green forest eyes, a certain melancholy can be found.

Raize looked around him and took in whatever he was seeing, then he gave a simple nod in agreement. "I see now. So those were real." His eyes briefly lingered on the twitching feline ears and tails of the servants.

At his monotone response, Ulla hurled a laugh. "Ku! Hahaha! You actually thought they have a fetish or something?? R-Raize, hahaa!" She exclaimed with little to no trouble in holding back her laugher.

At her unrestrained behaviour, Ulyssis scoffed a laugh.

Sensing he was being made fun of, Raize simply raised a brow. "You guys might be strange, but rumours of fear through might is hardly a rumour without  a root."

The Headmaster's eyes expressed an excited glint. Ulla stopped laughing. And Ulyssis gave a shrug.

Rubbing his hairy chin, the Headmaster explained, "Quite true. A rumour cannot remain for so long if there was no truth in it."

"Halflings.... Amusing and tragic." Came a sudden soft voice.

Everyone abruptly turned heads, only to see Lea quietly  sitting beside Raize with her eyes closed. Raize almost cracked his neck due to the surprise, which was unbecoming of him

Amidst their surprise, what drew Nia even more was Lea's statement. And to answer his anxiousness, Lea opened her eyes to look straight into his mismatched hues of eyes. Briefly, he could not catch his breath.

The white particles in her eyes glowed a little brighter. And so did the streaks on her hair. She was looking ephemeral, but that was not what took Nia's breath away.