Into The Vent

"There are things that writing can't express sometimes," Charles laughed brokenly, "Sometimes, you can't write about what hurts. It's like a sudden writer's block forms, but gives you ring puzzle pieces... no, its... its like having a 500 piece puzzle of only corner pieces... or circles... nothing adds up..."

Aaron is sitting across from him, dressed in a shabby black trench coat and some slacks. He's barefoot though, his shoes and socks tossed to the side. Earlier Lee was rubbing and massaging his feet. Burr had been at work all day at the church. He had an all day event with the youth groups and other church districts , so he was pretty worn out. His voice was a little broken too.

Lee had been working at his personal store all day. He ran a store by himself next to the church. Tanning, tattoos, pottery, stained glass, crafts, flowers. You name it and Lee has it. There had been a lot of customers that day and a huge hassel with his baking and a wedding. He insisted that they never scheduled something and Lee is praying they don't sue him. That's a lot of work.

"I mean, I try to vent in my writing on the internet. I try my best to let it all out there and be okay once I'm done. But it lingers." Charles vaguely explained, "I can't ignore my emotions, I know that. But I still like to try, even if I fail."

Aaron, being the christian boy that he is, answered quietly, "I've always been taught that all of you problems and emotions are in God's hands. He's looking after you and he cares about you and will make sure you're safe no matter what."

Lee huffed.

Aaron continued, "But you're an athiest. So, I don't know what to say."

Charles smiled and shook his head. "Whatever. I'll get over it." Lee lied, standing up and going to the stove. He got the macaroni and cheese off the fire and set it on a pot holder.

"Order up, Pastor Burr." He mumbled.