Masterpiece pt. 1

Aaron Burr knew what it was like to be truly hated.

True hate was a rare concept. Hard to find. Regular hate was like "oh well I hate broccoli" but if it came down to the choice of eating broccoli or dying, you would choose broccoli. Regular hate was rolling your eyes when a bully sat next to you on the school bus. Regular hate was talking trash about a politician.

True hate is a much more dangerous thing.

True hate is putting in the time and effort to spray paint fag on a boy's locker. True hate is sending anonymous death threats over the internet. True hate is locking a boy in a broom closet at school for 5 classes. True hate is smacking a boy's lunch tray down and beating him up in front of the whole class. True hate is selling tickets to watch a boy get beat up. True hate is a boy going to the principal for help and getting a simple response like "bullies will be bullies".

Aaron Burr knew what it was like to be truly hated.

Usually when out into a bad situation you can trace it back to one huge mistake that you made. Aaron assumed this mistake was his parents fucking to motley crue in the back of his dad's car and conceiving him. No, that wasn't the mistake.

It was probably getting drunk and sending a dick pick to Charles Lee over snapchat. Charles Lee went and told everybody and so everybody thought Aaron Burr was a slut now.

Maybe it was making Samuel Seabury cry. He had won the chess competition and Samuel broke down in sobs. George King then told everybody he cheated and purposely made him cry by insulting the poor boy.

Or maybe it was when Aaron broke one of Hamilton's ribs. It was some fight that they arranged. Aaron was tired of everybody trash talking him so when he found out Hamilton was the one that wrote slut on his locker, he arranged a fight. He ended up breaking one of the boy's ribs.

No matter what it was, Aaron was hated by the community. Everybody thought we was a slutty, attention seeking asshole and that was the end of it. So, yeah, Aaron Burr knew what it was like to be hated.

Somehow, he never resorted to cutting. It never occurred in his mind to hurt himself like that. Cutting sounded really painful, and it kinda scared Aaron. But, if there was a button that had the ability to take him out of existence then he would press it.

Today was a very bad day for him. It was picture day and it seemed to be everybody's goal to make him look like shit. He was already missing a tooth from getting beat up the other day but a closed mouth smile was just as good as an open mouth smile.

Of course good days don't really exist though. He thought as he parked his bike.

When he got to the bus stop, he was tripped and landed face first on the pavement. He had a loose tooth now. Charles Lee made sure to pull that tooth out for him. After that fiasco he got on the bus and sat in the loner seat in the back.

When he got to school, it was the usual insults and bullying. But once he got to the locker rooms for PE, Thomas Jefferson made sure to give him a nice black eye for picture day.

The rest of the day he was shoved, tripped, bullied, and insulted. It was all the usual and Aaron was starting to feel even shitttier than usual. When he got his lunch he immediately snuck off to the band room.

But Charles and King were waiting.

So Aaron was bruised and sore all over and he had bruises and hickeys along his neck now. Sadly, this wasn't new for him either. He snuck off to the bathroom five minutes before pictures. When he looked into the mirror he broke down in sobs and cries.

This was a moment that Aaron knew he would be doing something when he got home. This was a moment that Aaron knew he was going to do something deadly. This was a moment that-

The bathroom door opened with a scream.

Aaron turned around and wiped his eyes, preparing for whatever insult or hit was next. But instead he was met with soft caring brown eyes and curly black hair. He was tall, maybe an inch taller than Jefferson, and looked absolutely gorgeous. Some facial hair that was perfectly shaven and curly hair pulled back into a tight bun.

Aaron didnt like to use the term, but this boy was absolutely perfect. The boy shut the bathroom door and set down a box. The box was perfectly square shaped and designed like an American flag. "Are you okay, mon ami?" He spoke. The French accent took Aaron by surprise and he stammered, "N-Not really but its fine."

The French boy stepped forward, only for Aaron to flinch away. "P-Please I just wanna fix myself up a-and get to pictures on t-time." He pleaded, backing up against the sink. French Boy gave him some space and waited for him to calm down a little.

Once Aaron relaxed he explained, "My name is Gilbert Lafayette. I'm new to this school and, uh, I just want to help you. I have my makeup kit with me, I could fix you up." Aaron sniffed and wiped his eyes with his sleeve. Gilbert, who Aaron decided to call Gil, stepped forward and opened up his makeup kit.

He set the kit on the sink counter and immediately got to work. First he got rid of the red blotchiness in his cheeks, and then covered up all of the bruises on his neck, collar bone, and face. Next he began doing regular makeup things. Eyeshadow, eye liner, mascara, and some blush.

Aaron looked in the mirror and didn't even realize it was him. Gil got some thread from his back pocket and took out a needle from the box. "You have a bit of a cut in your shirt, mon ami. Hold still plesse." Aaron nodded a bit and watched him work, sewing up the hole like he had done it a million times.

When Gil finished, it was still two minutes before pictures started. Aaron smiled at himself in the mirror and tried not to cry tears of joy from the sight. He was absolutely beautiful, and Aaron couldn't remember the last time he felt so good about himself.

"We should probably get to-" Gil was cut off by Aaron hugging him tightly. "Thank you. Nobody's ever been this nice to me before... not for a long time at least..." Aaron admitted, pulling away and messing with his sleeves. Gil smiled and placed a gentle kiss to the boy's forehead. "Well I can't imagine why anybody would hurt such a masterpiece of a human being."

Gil and Aaron walked down to pictures in the cafeteria. Charles Lee choked on his food and Jefferson didn't even realize it was Aaron at first. Aaron was holding his head high, smiling proudly. Gil walked next to him, happy to see the once sobbing, broken boy smiling and bright.

"Is that Aaron fucking Burr?"

"Who's the handsome boy next to him?"

"Are they a couple?"

"Holy shit"

"Aaron's looking kinda cute like that~"

Aaron blushed at all the comments and got in line for pictures. Gil stood behind him, making sure nobody tried to insult or hurt him. It didn't take long for him to connect the dots, so now he was in full protection mode over the boy.

The boy... what was his name?

Gil tapped on his shoulder and asked, "Mon ami, what is your name again?" Aaron answered, "Aaron... A-Aaron burr." Gil smiled and took his hand, intertwining their fingers.

"Well, I am glad I have the honor of standing next to such a masterpiece."