Ghosting

Charles took a deep breath and dropped his head. This was his third attempt at getting into the liquor cabinet. Picking up things was always a struggle. The items he tried to pick up would just phase through him and fall to the floor, causing a commotion. Thomas would yell at him once George and Alexander weren't in the room, and Charles was starting to have trouble taking all of the insults. But, he wasn't complaining yet. Charles didn't want to start complaining yet.

He looked up again at the unlocked cabinet. Charles reached his hand up to open the door, only for his hand to go through completely. He reached around for the bottle of whiskey, only for his hand to go through that as well. Charles huffed, pulled his hand away, and stepped away from the cabinet. His powers weren't easy to work with. It had taken him weeks to find out how to walk on the floor without phasing through it. He had to float at just the right level in order to stay above ground.

"You never change, do you?" Thomas snapped, walking over and locking the cabinet shut. Charles huffed and looked away, crossing his arms. He stood at an angle, just enough to resemble leaning on the fridge. Thomas continued, "Can you even pick up anything, Lee?" Charles didn't answer, as usual. Thomas didn't continue after that, as usual. They both went their separate ways, as usual.

Lee floated to the roof, and sorta sat down but not really. He stared at the moon, like he always did when Thomas was done scolding him or judging him.

But tonight felt different.

He closed his eyes and felt a harshly familiar wetness drip down his cheeks. Lee could feel his body beginning to tremble, his lips quivering. He had never been a very pretty crier, and because of that he never liked to cry in front of people. Lee took a shaky deep breath and wipes his cheeks and eyes, glaring up at the sky. "Fuck you, Hamilton," He growled, looking at the ring on his finger. Lee fiddled with it, looking at the engravings along its cold metal. "Fuck you, Washington. Fuck both of you. Just... I wish you were never fucking born..."

A sob escaped Lee's lips and he huffed, hating that he was getting this emotional. He knew that he shouldn't be sobbing and crying, he's the bad guy! He's the villain here! Sure, he didn't fucking want to be but if he was going to be stuck being the villain then he was gonna play the part! If he was going to have to hurt people and being a psychopathic nut job and chase after Thomas every single fucking day and haunt Washington and Hamilton then-

"FINE!" Lee shouted, "I'LL BE THAT PERSON!!! I'LL BE THE MONSTER OF THE FAIRY TALE!!! THE OBSTACLE THAT IS SO UNBEARABLE TO FACE!!!" Tears continued to pour down Lee's face as he stood up and floated a foot above the roof, glaring at the rest of the world. His anger slowly died down and he sobbed, wiping his eyes with his arm. He mumbled, "I won't be the prince fucking charming... I never fit the role anyway..."

He floated back onto the roof and sat down, putting his head in his hands.

"I'll be the big bad villain."