43

Violet

"Thank you Reid, today was great."

"No thanks needed. I'm just glad you had fun."

I pull my key card out my wallet and swipe it over the lock. The door unlocks and I cracked it open. I turn around and wrap my arms around his neck. He holds my tight around my waist.

"Goodnight Reid."

"Goodnight Violet."

I release him with a small smile on my face. I walk into my room only to find Conner and Chase in their socks and boxers glaring at each other.

"What are you guys doing?!"

"We played blackjack and we tied so we played uno the same amount of rounds to break the tie and Chase won. So I called a game of strip poker whoever is fully naked by the end is the official loser," Conner explains his eyes not leaving chase's

I rub my forehead with my hand,"Why do I ask? I, uh, I'm gonna go to bed please don't do anything stupid; don't talk to me unless you're clothed."

"ok," they say in unison.

I go to the back room and change into some leggings and a loose, long sleeve shirt. I crawl into bed and go through my phone. When I finish I check my messages.

don't forget about dinner tomorrow

really excited for you to meet mason - cc

I set a reminder on my phone so I don't forget about Connie's dinner tomorrow. I text her back and look to see if I have any other messages. Once I finish going through my phone I put on a jazz playlist and go to sleep.

I was back in the warehouse. I was walking to something only to find Kyle tied up to a chair his mouth taped shut. I start running to him but my feet aren't moving fast enough. I hear a dark laugh as he appears from behind Kyle. he raises a gun to his head and I scream for him to stop. I try to run faster but he pulls the trigger. I hear a loud bang.

I wake in a cold sweat. Seated in an upright position I reach for my phone and fumbled around trying to call Kyle. My breathing heavy as the phone rings, I pray he he's ok.

His raspy voice comes through the speaker,"Who's this?"

Unable to form a whole sentence I breathe out, "nightmare."

"breath in then out Violet," he says more awake. "Come on in your nose out you mouth. slow deep breaths."

I listen and take deep breaths trying to calm my heart rate.

"Lay down ok?"

"ok," I lay back down and put the phone near my head so I can still hear him.

"Listen to my voice," he says softly.

"I hope, I hope, I hope I hope, we make it babe

For rich or poor, we won't be broke
But baby even if your nigga ain't rich

Just remember me like this," he sings softy.

His soothing voice slowly rocks me back to slumber. Before I fall completely asleep Kyle whispers something into the phone. I can't understand it but I fall asleep before I can get too curious to know. 

»»»

"Violet."

"hm," I groan loudly.

"Get up."

I groan again and roll over. My body is then lifted in the air and dropped back onto the bed. I open my eyes and yell.

"What?!"