22

Willow's Confession
Willow

Kai leads me to the isle full of sweets.
"What kind of cupcakes do you want?" he asks.

"Vanilla."
He scans the shelves looking for the box with vanilla cake mix. A hot guy walks through the aisle, he's cute but not as much as Kai. He catches my eye and winks at me. Heat rushes to my face and I look down at my feet. Two strong fingers tilt my face up and a pair of lips crash into mine. Kai kisses me possessively. He pulls away, his eyes are darkened.

"Mine," he growls.

I grab his hand and place a kiss on his cheek," I know."
I let go of his hand and move around looking for the icing I want.
"Willow, did you bring your phone?" Kai calls over.

"I don't have any pockets so no, why?"

"Reid says it's important," he tells me.

I walk over to him and grab the phone out of his hand.

"Yeah,"

"Get down here now, it's urgent. Can't talk over the phone, might be traced. Bye," Reid mumbles through the phone.

"Reid, was-" I was cut off by the sound of the call ending. I look up only to find Kai watching me curiously.
"We gotta go... Now," I tell Kai.

He nods. Kai puts down the box he was holding and starts walking toward the door and I walk after him. Once we're by the car I tell Kai to give me the keys.
"You're not driving my car," he persists.

"Dammit Kai gives me the fucking keys," he's starting to annoy me.

He crosses his arms over his chest,"No."

I huff and take a bobby pin out of my hair; I always keep one there just in case. I pick the lock on his car and slide into the driver's seat. I lower to the bottom and hot wire the car and it starts. I get up and sit in the seat.
"Get in," I bark at him.

He sighs and gets into the passenger seat.
"Seriously, you hotwired my car."

I drive out of the parking lot and head towards headquarters.
"I didn't need to waste time on shit that doesn't matter, Reid said it was urgent. That means he could die or I could die."
Kai just sighs and stays silent. I arrive at headquarters shortly and get out of the car right after I park.
"Go home," I tell Kai.

"What-"

I cut him off," no go home if I need you I'll call."

He frowns and gets into the driver's seat. I walk into the house.
"Reid!" I call out.
He arrives from around the corner. He walks over to me obviously out of breath.
"What's the issue?"

"It's New York, we have a lot of shit going on up there right now. There's a war going on up there and we're losing members by the minute."

"Who's the best sharp-shooter here?" I ask.

"Uh, you," Reid mumbles.

"Other than me dumbass."

"After you is Dylan Anderson."

"Really, wow Amber nice catch," I mumble to myself.

"Who's Amber?" Reid asks.

"Just a friend."

"You've really let your guard down after the years," Reid mentions I flip him off and call everyone to the bar in the corner. Everyone stands in front of the counter and I'm behind it.
"We need to send a few of you to New York, the war up there is causing us to lessen in numbers. We are the strongest national gang and we will not lose that spot. Dylan, Cate, and Bennett, I will be sending you three to New York to take care of things. I don't know if I will be joining you, but if things get too bad expect me, Reid, or Conner to arrive. I might send more of you later, for now, the three of you come with me. You all are dismissed."

I motion the three to follow me. I lead them up to my office. Once I close the door and sit at my desk I address the situation.

"You all know our gang stretches across the country, it's in close contact with the underground fighting unit, The Ring. We have been in a war with rival gangs all across the country, but it's getting really bad in New York. I'm sending you three to go in there and clean up the mess. Dylan, you will be in charge, if anyone is injured or dies contact me immediately. If Dylan dies Cate you will take over the operation and let me know. Bennett if they both die you come back as soon as possible, understand?"

He nods and I continue," I will set up your flights, I will give you the contacts to meet with when you arrive. Start packing your bags I have no idea when you will be leaving."

The three of them nod and they all get up to leave my office. Reid enters my office after they leave.
"So you aren't going?"

"I won't go as long as I don't need to."

"I'm going to buy you a ticket just in case,"

"Don't do it unless I tell you," I mumble

"Okay," he replies softly.

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Yeah," he answers.

"Take me to her grave," my voice cracks.

Reid takes his key out of his pocket and jiggles them,"Let's go then."

I get out of my chair and walk to the door, Reid follows after me. We walk out of the house and into Reid's car. We ride in silence.
When we get to the graveyard, Reid parks the car and turns to me.
"Are you sure, it's been a while?" he asks with a worried expression.

"I'll be fine."
I get out of the car and walk into the graveyard. I spot the grave right under the weeping willow where she was buried. I sit by the tombstone under the tree.
"Hi mom," I whisper softly.
"It's been a while since I've talked to you. I miss you a lot, but I think I'm getting better. There's this guy, he's my boyfriend now. He says he loves me, but I don't believe him. I like him a lot, and he likes me, I just think it's too soon to call it love. I'm not a virgin anymore either, I lost it to him. At least he's better than Jax, I know you never liked him. He's dead now... I killed him. I bet you hate me, you told me to leave the gang and now I'm the leader. I've killed a lot of people, even Connie almost got hurt. I saw Avery too. I wish I could forget all of this like I could wake up and all of it would be a bad dream. I would wake up and smell the pancakes you always made on Sunday morning, and Vivi would be jumping on my bed yelling at me to wake up. Avery would pick her up and throw her over his shoulder, then Conner and Connie would come bursting through the door asking me to come outside."
I raise my hand up and wipe my tears. I pull my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around my legs, I rest my face on my knee.
"Vivian had been missing for two years, but I already know Jaxon killed her. No one has done anything to prove me wrong, even the police stopped looking. Christmas will be here in a few weeks. We didn't celebrate Thanksgiving together because I ran away. I'm staying for Christmas. I think I'm going to stay here, with Kai. I've cried a lot around him. He makes me think about everything that's wrong with me, why I'm not the kind of person people love. I'm going to leave this gang, this life I've created for myself."
I stand up and point to my mother's grave.
"One way or another, I'm going to do better. For you, for Vivian, for me. I hate this, I hate living in this void that keeps sucking me in, this downward spiral I can't climb up. I'm going to fix myself. One way or another, I'm going to leave this gang, even if it kills me."
I dust myself off and start walking away. I stop and turn to the grave.
"I love you, mom."
I walk away, with no destination in mind.