30

Willow

I woke up with a pounding headache. Memories from the night before pounded their way into my brain, flooding through me as I adjusted to my surroundings. I remembered the things Kai did, the things I did to him, and the things I said to Reid.

"Your flight leaves at noon tomorrow," is what he said to me before I went to sleep.

I rub my hand on my forehead and slide it down my face. New York, that's basically walking up to him and saying shoot me since I'm here. Goosebumps run down my arm as I remember the events that happened before I came back to Georgia. He's going to kill me. Not only did I fail my mission, but I killed his prized possession. Now I'm going back, back to a place where I was tortured, nurtured, and built into a machine that was meant to kill. 

"Everything you touch will be destroyed, everyone you touch will be killed, you were made that way and you will stay that way. You are a monster that only kills. They're dead because of your ignorance. They're dead because of what you are, a MONSTER" 

His voice mocks me. Only because he's right because I know the words he's said are true. And it's his fault they're true, he made me this way, they made me this way. But I still have to make him proud of me, I have to make all of them proud of me.

I look at the clock hanging on the wall across from me. 9:48  I slowly crawl off of the soft, warm bed and slide out of my dress from the previous night. My feet shuffle against the carpeting as I move towards the bathroom connected to the room. I open the door slowly, the hinges creaking, I move to the shower and turn it on waiting for the water to heat up. I wipe off all the smudged makeup and walk into the shower with sluggish steps. I stand under the shower head feeling numb, completely forgetting my hair was straightened. I was too late my hair was drenched in water. I reach for the shower gel and start to wash my body. When I finish that and rinse off I wash and condition my hair. I rinse out my hair and step out of the shower my toes curling around the soft rug beneath my feet. I reach out for a towel on the shelf near me. My fingers wrap around the velvety fabric; I enfold the material around my body, the towel only going to the middle of my thigh. My lifeless steps guide me towards the door of the bathroom, my hand entwines around the knob and I force the door open. Fog pours out into the room and I shuffle toward the bed. I look at the clock before flopping on top of it. 10:13 I groan and roll over to the edge of the bed; I throw my arm over the end and grabbed the handle of my bag. I drag it over and drop it on the bed. I rummage through it until I find my black bra and matching underwear. I slip into the garments and pull out some ripped jeans, a black hoodie, a brush, and some deodorant. I apply the deodorant and change into my clothes. I brush my hair and put it into a messy bun. Once I finish I put the brush back in the bag, I zip it up and put it on; I open the door to my room and walk downstairs. I step into the kitchen and the smell of coffee beans fills my nostrils. Reid is standing over the stove shirtless with joggers hanging low on his waist. I smile for a minute but stop once I remember what happened in New York, my destination.

No one can know. If you tell anyone you die, and so do they. I don't care if it's in his gang or not what you're doing is top secret my little monster.

Reid is stuck in ignorance not knowing about the danger I just put myself in. The dangers he helped me put myself in. He turns around and smiles at me. I manage to smile back; he pours me a cup of coffee and adds a large amount of creamer just like how I like it. He hands me the mug and I gladly accept it. I bring the cup it to my lips and let the hot liquid glide down my throat.

"Finish your coffee quickly, we have to leave soon," he says before heading off, Probably to find a shirt.

Even though he's gone I still nod. I finish the rest of my coffee and readjust my bag. Reid comes back into the kitchen now wearing a black long sleeve. He has Adidas superstars on his feet and car keys in his hand. With his free hand, he grabs mine and leads me out of the house. I stay silent still feeling numb from the things that happened and the things that are going to happen. I sit in the car and twiddle my thumbs while Reid starts driving towards the airport.