18

Violet/Willow

"How is that helping, making me feel like you hate me, making me think I did something wrong... tell me Willow, Violet, Violina, how the fuck is that helping!" he yells at me.

I step back until my back is pressed against the wall," You can't love me."

His features soften and his hand reaches up to touch me, I wince," I can and I will."

I sigh," no, Kai you need to stay away from me, you'll end up getting yourself killed."

He steps closer to me," I don't want to stay away, I'll kill myself before I do that again."

"Kai... stop," I warn him.

He steps closer again, so our bodies are pressed again each other's and our breath is mixing.

"Stop what?"

"This Kai, stop being with me, stop angering your life, getting arrested was only the beginning."

"Make me." he starts pressing hungry kisses on my neck. I move my hands to push him away.

"I don't want to get you killed too," I tell him.

He closes the gap between us again, pinning my arms above my head.
"The only thing that's killing me is being away from you," he mumbles against my neck. His kisses get angrier. Biting down on my flesh. His face levels with mine and he claims my lips before pulling away from his face growing serious.

"Why?" he asked a simple question but the answers were so complex. Why do I want Kai to leave me? I wanted him to forget me, forget my existence, forget his feelings towards me, forget everything. I wanted him alive, and the closer he was to me the closer he was to death. Reid came to me in my cell telling me my gang was planning to revolt, not all of them but more than half, either I was going to be killed, or someone close to me. Avery was being called back tomorrow, nobody has every dared to mess with Connie because Conner protected her, so all that's left is Kai.
"I'm broken."

"Then let me fix you." his lips brush over mine.

"All I do around you is cry. I've never shed so many tears in my life. I'm broken beyond repair, don't waste your time."

"I'll be the judge of that," he replies instantly. I sigh a slip away from him and slowly climb upstairs.

"I'm tired Kai."

I continue walking upstairs and go into his bedroom. I strip out of my prison clothes and into one of his hoodies. I flop onto his bed and shut my eyes. Sleep takes over instantly.

***

"Baby I'm tired."

"No ma you can't be, you have to keep fighting."

I grip her small weak hand in mine.

"Baby I want to sleep, let me sleep Violina."

"Mom you can't leave me, not yet I still need you."

She struggles to place her hand on top of mine.

"I need you to quit that gang, stop the street fighting and take care of your sister for me. Avery's job will pay the bills, I don't want you doing all of this."

"But ma."

"No buts I'm going to be gone soon and I need you to do this. Avery will be 18 soon, and I want you guys together okay."

I nod tears falling freely.

"Don't cry baby I'll always be with you okay, as long as you don't forget. Be strong for Vivi."

I nod and pull her into a hug.

"I love. Stay strong for me and for them."

***

I wake up my face soaked with tears. I wipe my face and hug myself.

"I love you too mom."

I get up and walk into the bathroom. I splash my face with water and dry off with a towel that's to my left side. I exit the bathroom and look around to room. I find my high knee socks on the floor and put them on to cover up my scars. I walk downstairs and find Kai on the couch channel flipping. I walk past him and into the kitchen as quietly as possible so he doesn't know I'm awake. Sadly it doesn't work, when I enter the kitchen I can he his feet padding briskly on the carpet. I ignore him and look for a cup.

"Snowflake can we talk?" I can hear the desperation in his voice.

I continue ignoring him and grab a glass cup out of the cabinet.

"Look at me Snow."

I look at him, his eyes pleading with mine. I point to the cup in my hands.

"Can I keep this?"

His eyes flash confusion but  he nods," Yeah go ahead."

I take the cup and smash it against the counter, it shatters.

"What the fuck are you doing Willow!?"

I look at him," I'm this glass."

I point at the cup that's now shattered," you can try to fix me, but there will still be cracks, one touch and it will shatter again. Broken Kai get it through your thick skull no matter how many times you try to fix me you'll still see the cracks!"

"I don't care," he whispers.

"What?" I look at him sideways.

"I said I don't care," he say again louder.

He picks me up and my legs wrap around him on instinct. He walks backwards until my back is pressed onto the cold fridge. His lips brush over mine and he whispers in my ear.

"Those cracks are your battle scars, proof that you survived all of those years of pain. I'd rather have that than a new cup."

He presses his lips against mine and I respond. His tongue flicks out and licks my bottom lip. He pulls away from me and places hot kisses on my neck.

He stops and searched my eyes,"Did you mean it?"