35

Violet

It has been a few days since Kyle and I talked about becoming friends, everything was fine after that. That's when the letters came. At first, there were very few, only one every now and then. Now they're almost every day. I'm getting nightmares constantly because I know exactly who they are coming from, and I knew I was going to have to face him eventually. Kyle stays with me every night now because of how frequently I get nightmares; some nights I don't even sleep. I had been trapping myself in the hotel room too scared to go out, but today Chase and Kyle force me to go to this little coffee shop this morning.

We all sat in this small booth in the corner of the shop.

"Violet, are you okay," Kyle asks in a concerned tone.

I reach for my coffee, my hands visibly shaking," petrified."

"You'll be fine, once we all finish we're going to the mall to get you some new clothes."

"I'm going to be out for even longer?" I almost shriek. I lower my voice," it's like you guys want me to die."

Chase speaks up," honey, you need to go; you've been trapped in that room for weeks."

"Only because he's going to find me."

"Who," Chase and Kyle say in unison.

I lower my head and continue sipping on my coffee. They both sigh and reach for their drinks.

I wrap my arms around my sleeveless arms as we enter the cold mall. I pull my baseball cap lower over my head and walk into one of the nearest shops. We walk to a more isolated area of the shop and start looking around, Chase and Kyle staying in close contact with me.
After a few minutes, Kyle comes to me and rubs my arms. I look up into his eyes.

The corner of his mouth twitches up," everything's going to be okay, you'll be okay, I promise."

Tears prick my eyes and I wrap my arms around his large torso. He pulls me close to him and I bury my head in his chest. 

He sighs," I love you."

I pull him even closer and fight the tears from coming out of my eyes. He slowly pulls away from me and tells me he has to use the restroom and to stay with Chase. I pull my phone out of my pocket to check the time and my messages. The time is 4:58 and I have messages from an unknown number. I unlock my phone and read the messages.

did u think i wouldnt find u my little monster

u might want to find somewhere safer than a mall

I rush over to Chase. I tug on his shirt and he looks down at me. I show him the messages on my phone and his eyes widen.

"We have to get out of here," he states.

"It's too late for that he has my phone number he can track me where ever I go. He plucks my phone out of my hands and throws it on the ground smashing is with the heel of his shoe. He walks to the bathroom and in a few minutes, he walks out with Kyle trailing behind him. Chase pulls out his phone and starts talking to someone in the gang telling them to meet us somewhere, Kyle picks me up, I wrap my legs around his waist as a reflex and he holds me up by the back of my thighs. We walk around the parking lot of the mall looking for the car because none of us could remember where we park.

"Where the hell is the fucking car Chase, you were driving you should know?" Kyle groans. I'm still wrapped around him but his hands are stuffed in his pockets.

"Does it lo- oh there it is."

"Finally."

I stay silent while Kyle drops me in the backseat of the car. Chase starts the car and takes off to our destination. The ride is silent.

"Where are we going?" I manage to croak out.

"That is confidential," Chase replies.

I nod my head and slowly drift off to sleep, thankfully this one was dreamless.

******

By the time we got to where Chase took us it was night. I recognized the place instantly and refused to leave the car in fear that he would actually take me back.

I sunk my nails into the seat,"No! He's going to get me, we're too close! Take me back home! I want to go home!" I shrieked.

"Violet stop making a scene you'll be fine we'll make sure of it," Kyle spoke in a soothing voice.

I crawled as far away from them as I could, which was the other door, I shook my head continuously. The door I was pressed against opened and I fell out of the car. The puddle I landed in splashed around me and the guys helped me up. Chase and Kyle closed all of the car's doors and locked them, the rest of the gang dragged me into the bar. 

"I'm gonna be killed you little faggots take me back to the hotel."

They sat me down in one of the chairs and they all ordered drinks and got a few for me too. They all sat around enjoying drinks and having fun with each other. I barely drank anything and stayed on high alert the entire time. I had to make sure the guys didn't do anything stupid, they're all armed and they're all drunk, something bad is bound to happen. They go off and play pool and I'm left at the counter scared for my life. 
After a while, I let go of my death grip on the counter of stood on my shaky legs. I walked to the doors of the bar but before I could walk out Phil stopped me.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm only going to take a breather I'll be back in a second," I tell him in a shaky voice.

He notices my voice and hands me a knife before nodding and walking off. I walk out of the bar and slowly move around. My legs stop shaking and I start to relax a little more. We're in 'enemy territory' technically I'm not because I'm supposed to be the leader of this gang someday but that doesn't mean the guys aren't in serious danger right now. My mindless walking has put me in an alley and I start to hear footsteps behind me. I turn around and pull my knife out.

There's a deep chuckle,"Oh darling, you don't think that little knife is going to stop me, I trained you better than this."

"Stay away from me."

"You come back to New York and then you come to my territory and tell me to stay away. That funny, it's like you're begging me to take you back."

"I don't want to go back there."

"Cute, you think it's a choice. Get her."

Figures emerge from the shadows and move towards me. I try to fight them off but they overpower me. One holds my arms behind my back and the other takes out a large needle.

"Goodnight," he chuckles lightly.

"Violet!" is the last thing I hear before the needle is stuck into my skin and I black out.

***

I awake to the sound of heavy footsteps. My head fuzzy I look around the room I'm in. My surroundings are unfamiliar the dark empty concrete walls surround me to taunt me, tease me as the seem to close in. I realize I'm sitting on the floor, I try to scream for help but my mouth is gagged; I can't get anything out. I try to pull my hands from behind my back but they're bound together. The footsteps get heavier and louder as I struggle to break free from my capture. I look around to see if there's any way for me out. Nothing. I push with the wall and try to pull myself up from my position on the floor. I fail and fall back on the floor. The footsteps are right at the door in front of me. The knob twists and the door is pushed open. The silhouette of a man stands in front of me. Due to lack of lighting, I can't see his face. But from the moment his deep, velvety voice escapes from his mouth I know exactly who it is.
"Hello, my little monster," the words echo through the room sounding just as sinister as the last time I heard them.