15

"STOP... please take me instead, leave her out of it." I plead with Jaxon.

"All you have to do is come back Violet." he laughs like a maniac.

"I can't go back please just let her go."

"Then say goodbye." a gunshot rings through my ear and I drop the phone. My little Vivian, she was so innocent, she didn't deserve any of this. I run upstairs to my room. I pull out a knife and a little slip of paper that had a tally of every person I killed. I lock the door to my room and start on my calf. I wince with every cut, tears roll down my cheeks as I cry. I cry for mom, for Vivi, for every life I took. When I'm finished my legs are covered in blood all the way around. I scream and scream and scream.

"Willow, Willow wake up." Kai shakes me.

My eyes shoot open and take in the sight around me. Kai is hovering over with a worried expression, his hands are on either side of my face.

"Are you okay?"
I gulp and nod. He up and pulls me into his lap. I bury my face into his chest and he rubs my back and whispering soothing words in my ear.
"What time is it?" I manage to croak.

"Don't worry about that." he coos.

"Kai" I hesitated. "What did your hear?"
He stops rubbing my back. I feel him tense up under my skin, making me sure he's upset.

His voice was strained not wanting to scare me," You were screaming at someone to stop, crying out for Vivi over and over."

I lift my head up and kiss his cheek," thank you."
My voice was barely audible, but his body relaxes. I didn't notice I was crying until he lifts his hand and wipes my tears with his thumb.
"Willow, what's your real name?"

"W-what do you mean?"

"You were saying that you changed you name yesterday so I was curious."

"Curiosity killed that cat," I reply.

"I'm not a cat."

I sigh knowing I was going to have to tell him sooner or later," It's Violina, my sister used to call me Violet."

"I like it, why'd you change it."

"That name held to many memories and I hated almost all of them so when I ran I didn't want anyone to know who I was or what I've done."

"I like Willow."

"So do I."
I rest my head on his chest and he leans side to side. His slow movements rock me to the point of sleep but I'm not quite there yet. I'm drifting in and out of sleep when I hear a quiet whisper from Kai.

"I love you."

I can't tell if I was imagining or not because when I'm about to reply my eyelids get too heavy and sleep takes over.

***
Kai

"I love you," I whisper when I think she fell asleep. It was true, I've barely been around her for more than a week, and I've already fallen hard for her. I have these feelings for her that I can't comprehend, I've never felt this way about anyone, ever. It breaks my heart when she's upset. When she laughs... I can't even her laugh is so innocent. It hurts when I'm away from her when she tries to push me away. I just want to keep her to myself all day and never let her go. Conner walks into the room.
"What happened?" he asks in a protective tone.

"Nothing she just had a nightmare, I got her back to sleep."

"Really? No one's ever been able to do that."

"Well, I guess I'm the first."

Conner moves and sits on the edge of the bed,"So she finally told you huh?"

"Told me what?"

"Her past." he tells me bleakly.

"Yeah."

"Are you guys official yet?" he asks.

"No, I plan to make it that way tonight." I get excited remembering my plans.

"Really what are you gonna do." he sits criss-cross on the edge of the bed.

"I plan to take her out and drop the question."

He laughs lightly making sure not to wake Will," you make it sound like you're proposing."

I rub the back of my neck a little embarrassed,"Yeah."

"I'd wish you luck but you don't really need it."

"What do you mean?" I sit up a little making sure not to wake Snowflake.

"Kai it's obvious Will's fallen head over heels for you, there's no mistake that she'll say yes."

"I hope."

"Don't worry about it." he smiles and gets up.

"Thanks," I reply.

"Get some rest you'll need it for tomorrow."

"Night."

"Night." he leaves and closes the door behind him. I lay back slowly, Snowflake still laying on my chest and go to sleep.

________________________________________

Yes, I understand this was sort of a filler chapter but I promise chapter 16, 17, and 18 are going to be amazing. And in case you were wondering I'm not done teasing you. Don't forget to get this book to 50 votes, and I'll reveal a secret about the book.

Vote, Comment, and Share.