38

Kyle

"Okay what's the plan?" I ask.

Conner speaks up as the mastermind," Okay Kai and Reid are going in first Chase and I will stay guard outside and Connie will help get her out after you guys find her."

"What about weapons?"

"I have my knives, and there are some metal chairs in the trunk so just use that."

"Why do you have chairs?"

"Why not?"

"Weirdos," I mumble under my breath.

"We're here," Conner announces.

Reid and I hop out of the car and up to the warehouse. Reid picks the lock in mere seconds and we head back to the car.

"Pop the trunk." He calls.

The trunk opens and there are hella knives and chairs. Reid grabs like 12 knives and sticks them in different pockets. after he puts them all up he grabs a katana and hands me a chair.

I look at the large knife in his and the chair in mine,"really, I get a chair, and you get fifty knives?"

"Just deal with it and let's go."

We entered the warehouse silently. Reid signals to split up to find her and we go our separate ways. I lift the chair over my shoulders just in case someone pops up. I turned several covers until I came across a door. I cracked it open and peeked inside. there were a whole bunch of men playing cards and smoking something illegal. I closed the door as quietly as I could. when the door was fully shut I started walking again.

I was moving and peering through cracked doors for like ten minutes when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around quickly and hit whoever it was in the head with my chair.

"Shit," Reid cursed as he fell to the floor with a thud.

I cursed and put the chair down lightly, I dragged his unconscious body into a room. the floor and walls were concrete. I propped him up on one of the walls and looked around the big room. the was a small, limp body laying against the wall. as soon as I noticed the silver hair I knew it was Violet. I ran over to her and tapped her lightly. she flinched and moved closer to the wall.

"Don't hurt me," she mumbles under her breath.

"Violet, it's me. we came to get you out of here."

I walk back over to Reid and smack him, hard.

He jolts awake," What the hell Kai that shit hurts."

"I found her," I point to Violet and he gets up holding his head as he winces. He pulls a blowtorch and walks over to Violet.

He speaks to her in a really calm voice," I'm going to torch the cuffs so you can get loose okay?"

She nods and he burns the metal off of her feet. when the cuffs are off I pick her up.

"Take her outside," Reid orders me.

"What about you," I ask him

"There's something I have to take care of."

I nod and take her out of here the same way I came in. Violet is mumbling random things so I tell her to quiet down so we can get out safely, she stops talking and we make it out of the warehouse. I put her in the van and Connie starts to fix her wounds.

"Where's Reid?"

"He said he had to take care of something."

I watch Connie nurse Violet while she lays there mumbling. I lean in closer to her to hear what she's saying.

"He's going to be back, he's going to find me again, he's going to kill me, he's going to kill all of us."

I tap on Connie's shoulder and ask her to scoot over. She moves and I lean down by Violet's ear.

"You'll be fine, I promise, I'll protect you this time. I'll take care of you Violet," I whisper softly to her.

She nods and stops mumbling. She slowly drifts into sleep; just as she's fully asleep Reid comes running out of the building with blood splattered all over him. He jumps into the car and yells at Conner to drive. He pulls out his phone and makes a call. He gives the person on the other end of the call the address we were just at and orders a cleanup crew. Reid ends the call and takes off his shirt and pulls out another one from under a compartment on the floor.

"What the hell man?!" Conner yells.

Violet starts stirring in her sleep. I shush Conner.

"Can you not yell, she's trying to sleep."

"Sorry," he snaps harshly.

Reid shrugs and pulls out some wipes and starts wiping the blood off off his knives.

"Why is there so much blood?" I ask.

"Because humans bleed too much," Reid answers like it's no big deal.

"What did you do?"

"Let's guess Kai, there was blood on my shirt, and blood on my knives. connect the dots dumbass I killed the fuckers."

"Don't have to be so harsh."

"Stop being so emotional."

I stop talking after that and we ride home in silence. w\We go back to the hotel and I carry Violet up to my room, I convince them to let her stay in my room in case she gets a nightmare that way I can get her back to sleep. Connie cleans her up and leaves when she's done. I tuck her into the bed and take a quick shower.

After my shower, I change into some boxers and lay day next to Violet; it doesn't take long before I fall asleep.

***

I'm awakened by screams, loud ear piercing screams. I look beside me and Violet is sitting up covered in sweat and screaming. I cover her mouth and she flinches away from me. She scoots away as far as possible with fear in her eyes.

"Violet, you're fine it's okay I got you." I reach out to her and she slowly relaxes.

"Come here."

She scoots closer to me and I wipe the tears off her face. I tell her I'll be right back and grab a towel from the bathroom. When I come back she's scratching her arm. I sit in front of her on the bed and gently move her hand off her arm. I gently wipe the sweat off of her body slowly. I look up and find her staring at me with big scared eyes. I gently caress her face while staring into her beautiful eyes. Her lips part as if she's going to say something but she just closes her mouth. I lean closer to her and kiss her forehead softly.

"I'll always love you, and I'll do anything to keep you safe."

She nods. I get up to put the towel away and she lays back down. I come back and lay next to her. She rolls over and lays her head on my chest and slowly traces circles causing me to get sleepy. As I'm dosing off the circles stop and I look down to see Violet sound asleep, I smile softly and fall asleep for the second time that night.