Ukyo

Ukyo POV

As I walked through the gates and the doors. As requested by my step-father, Rintarou Hinata, I came into a doctors office, in there standing were, Rintarou and two nurses.

Rintarou turned on his heel and faced me. "Hello Ukyo, your mother told me you'd be the one!" He smiled warmly before revealing a young little girl. She was scrawny. Unfed. Dirty. Lost. I pitied her. Her eyes were like emotionless deep blue sea waves. So much sorrow and pain.

"Ukyo, this little girl will be coming to live at the condo with you guys. I mean if that's okay with you I mean, as you-" I cut him off with a generous nod and walked over to the little girl. I gently crouched beside her. She didn't react to me at all.

"Hello. My name's Ukyo Asahina, I'm going to be your new brother and I'm going to take you home if you're okay with it?" I smiled warmly. She didn't react, she looked up for the first time and shook her head. "I don't deserve to have a brother or a home. I deserve to rot on the streets." She said emotionlessly. "And die."

Rintarou stared in astonishment. "That's the first time she has spoke in the first time in four hours." I smiled, I looked back at her but she had collapsed on the table, the nurses rushed to her.

*An hour later*

As I waited outside the nurses office, I thought about what the little girl had said 'I don't deserve to be looked after. I deserve to rot on the streets.' What could have given that little child that idea? Maybe she was abused and ended up on the streets because of it. Mayb-

"Mr. Asahina? May I speak with you?" One of the nurses asked hastily opening the door. She showed me where the little girl was sleeping, she was in a nursing bed and with food pipes going into her stomach to feed her. Poor little girl, must have nearly starved to death.

"Maybe it was a bad idea?" Miwa frowned walking in through the door behind us. Rintarou frowned and disagreed.

As Miwa and Rintarou discussed what to do I saw a red mark under the sleeve of ragged cloth that was wrapped around her hands. I curiously unwrapped it, beneath it were purple bruises, bad cuts and wounds. I had the nurses look her over again and found multiple all over her arms and legs, some more severe than others. After a full examination, she has a fracture on her left foot, two broken bones on her right arm and a small stab wound to the stomach, but lots of minor bruises else where. This little girl was holding onto so much pain, and didn't even show it.

"We have to save her." I said aloud courageously, Miwa and Rintarou stopped talking and smiled in agreement.