Chapter 20

** Kayan's POV **

"I'm not a....." Hayat told but stopped in between.

"Its okay, if you don't want to!" I smiled & told her.

"No..no wait." Hayat told breathing heavily.

"I'm not...I'm not a part of this family?" Hayat told & a tear fell down her cheeks.

"What?You mean I still didn't get you! I mean were you adopted?" I asked her.

"No, Kayan I'm not! I'm telling you...." She told looking at me.

** Hayat's POV **

FLASHBACK

Ammi had a cousin Osman, he loved my mother a lot & they were fixed. But the engagement broke of because they were demanding for dowry & nana couldn't tolerate this so he broke off the engagement! Ammi got engaged to Yazdan abbu & Osman tried his best to break off the engagement but he failed. Yazan abbu was a really good man! Soon they were married & ammi was happy with Yazdan abbu but Osman kept on sending mails to ammi that he cannot let ammi go.

Shumayll bhai was born after one year of the marriage & after that Osman disappeared! well actually that's what Yazan abbu & ammi thought. Bhai was 3 years & Osman became a big gangster in Delhi! Once abbu had gone for some business meeting & left nani maa with ammi & Shumayll bhai. Ammi went to market alone leaving Shumayll bhai with nani maa & on the way back home she was kidnapped! That dirty, filthy man kidnapped her & not only kidnapped her...he...he raped ammi!

Ammi was no where to be found! Yazan abbu came after 2 weeks, the police tried or who knows he payed them. All these days Osman told ammi that he loved ammi! Allah knows what love it was! Disgusting love!

Ammi was found after a month, but she was admitted & she had become weak. Ammi went home but she was not well & they visited a doctor.

"Congratulations,Mr & Mrs.Zaeef" The doctor told yazdan abbu & ammi.

Though they understood but they asked."For?"

"Your wife is pregnant, Mrs.Zaaef you are pregnant" The doctor told smiling & that very moment the couples life was ruined.

But they kept the baby! & that baby is me Kayan! That baby girl is me. I'm that man's daughter that dirtly, filthy man's daughter! I'm that dirty kid!

END OF FLASHBACK

"Hayat, its not your mistake & you are not dirty!" Kayan told.

"You...you don't hate me?" I asked him in tears.

"No! why would I duffer! I don't care, I only care about you & a kid is Allah's gift" Kayan told smiling.

"Soo..you are not breaking of the engagement?" I asked him.

"Areyy why would I leave my blabbering machine!" He told me smiling.

"Hayat one question, wasn't Osman arrested?" Kayan asked me.

"Mmm, no he ran away & after that we shifted to San Diego" I told him

"And how did you come to know about this" He asked me.

FLASHBACK

Nani maa always used to hate me I & never knew the reason. When I was 18, I forced abbu ammi to send me to hostel, though they denied, I forced them! Finally, they agreed & I was more than happy. I went to Panchgani, India.

Of course it was pretty difficult in the first 6 months but I managed. One fine day, the hostel manager told me that a man has come to visit me & when I went out. He had the same eyes as mine, emerald green. I greeted him & he told me he loves my mother & he told I'm his child, I cried & went to my room. Abbu & ammi were called the very next day, after I reached home, I asked them about Osman. Abbu & ammi didn't answer & Shumayll bhai & Aneel were blank. Nani maa told everything though abbu & ammi told her not to! I locked myself up for the whole day.

"Hayat, angel I will always love you. You are only my sister..please Hayat open the door" Shumayll bhai told me from the other side of the door. I opened the door & hugged him. Since that day, no one removed the topic of 'Osman'.

END OF FLASHBACK

** Kayan's POV **

What happened with Nabahat aunty was horrible! But that doesn't mean I'm going to leave Hayat!

"Kayan, when are you going to tell this to ammi & Aahil." Hayat asked me.

"Telling what?" I asked her.

"That I'm not from this family" Hayat told looking down.

"I'm not telling this to anyone, this is supposed to be between me & you. Did you tell your parents about my past?" I asked her.

"Mmm..no but I'm coming in that house &...." before Hayat could continue I interrupted.

"Even I'm going to be the son-in law of your family and son-in law is the same as son. Your family is mine too & about telling my family, I don't find it necessary because there are some thing which need to be between husband & wife only!" I smiled & told her.

"But..aunty might be knowing because ammi & aunty share the same neighborhood!" Hayat told playing with the corners her hijab.

"If she knows well I cannot help it but I want to marry you & that's final!" I told Hayat.

"Okay..ok" Hayat told nodding her head.

"Now can I go to sleep, its almost Fajr time" I told yawning.

"Ayee!! bad manners..stop yawning keep your hand on mouth!" Hayat told hitting my arm slightly & I stuck my tongue out.

"No! I'm a bad boy with good manners" I told Hayat winking.

"Ayee! that's mine" Hayat told laughing.

"Ya, I know I'm yours" I told winking.

"Ahem!! ahem" If you guys are done flirting & all can I come in." Aahil told from the entrance of terrace.

"Aahil..I told you....." Kinza came from behind & she hit Aahil on head.

Both of them walked towards us & I asked Aahil, "Me & Hayat are fixed! Why are you guys together....I mean"

But Kinza interrupted, "Oh hello! I'm not interested in this idiot! & Hayat told me to handle him!"

"Ohh, Okay!!" I told laughing.

After a while all of us went to sleep.

.................................................................................................

4 days passed like boom! And it was the day when Hayat & Kayan were supposed to get engaged!

___________________________________________________

How was it?

All secrets disclosed?

Happily ever after? But life isn't bed of roses right?

Bbyee! Allahafiz!!