Chapter 10

** Kayan’s POV **

I got up the next morning. Now I had to pray for Isha, Maghrib and Fajr. Ya Allah, thank God, Fajr is not Qaza. I prayed for Namaz and made duas for my family, and even to give me strength to ask Aahil about him and Hayat. And then Nikah. I went to Aahil’s room, to talk to him.

I knocked and someone interrupted "Kayan, do not disturb him, he came late at night and slept late" Hayat said with a lot of hesitation, maybe  she was shy.

"Okay, you were awake for him?" I asked, getting sad. "No Kayan, he was banging my room’s door with a football saying he won and I went out the room and we spoke only for 5 minutes. That’s it", she said playing with her fingers, yes she does that when nervous I guess.

I felt my eyes watering so to end the conversation, I said something, really stupid, "Hayat, its fine, happens in love. You ...", before I could finish saying she looked in my eyes and said "What? Are you crazy? He is like ...", But before she could complete, I interrupted because my tears can fall anytime now. "Do not hide" and I started to walk off.

"Kayaan, listen", she said while crying but I did not dare to turn. I was crying too while my back facing her. "Leave it Hayat, some things are meant to be like you and Aahil. Do not cry, it will make your health worse and you are on leave today, Allah hafiz", saying this I stormed away. Not letting her say a word. 

I ate breakfast and ammi had already left for helping, you know, Sheikh’s Family. I took my SUV and went to my office. Almost crying when I become so weak? Trust me, today is worse than yesterday, I mean, Alhumdu Lillah for everything, maybe I did not love Hayat? Maybe ... 

I had a meeting today, a very important one. I had to spread my business all over. Alhumdu Lillah, it went all well. But, I was late and it was seven in the evening.

I was on my way to home and I got a message from ammi "Dinner at Sheikh's family, Hayat and Aahil are at home. I may come late, eat your dinner well and sleep". It was a function only for ladies, so of course, Ammi will be late, this is the best time I talk to Aahil. 

I went inside and greeted aloud "Assalamu alaikum" No voice but I heard Hayat giggling and then I heard Aahil saying numbers! What are these guys up to? After a while, I went upstairs in Hayat’s room , it was wide open and she was not there in Aahil’s room. Ya Allah! I saw that door open. It boiled me up and I went in and saw Hayat standing there alone and looking at all the pictures. I felt tears in my eyes and shouted at her: "Hayat, how dare you come in this room?", I asked her angrily. "Me and Aahil, I ...", but before she could complete, I held her by her elbow and dragged her out of the room and took her downstairs. I stood in front of her. 

"Kayan, please it's hurting, Let go of me. Why did you bring me downstairs", she asked a little annoyed.

"Don’t you ever get in that room, got it?", I told her while leaving her elbow. "I was ... I did not know, me and Aahil were ... ", this really annoyed me and I opened my big rude mouth. 

"See, I do not care about you or whatever okay, You and Aahil are supposed to keep your romance out of all this. Be serious and stop acting cheesy all the time. What the hell were you guys doing in rooms?"

I asked her and something happened the very next moment, Expected but unexpected but I was worth it for saying such cheap things, she slapped me hard, really hard!

"Kayan Malik!  Behave yourself we were up to nothing, It's just you and your cheap mentality! I do not need to explain things to you and if I am such a pain in ...." she did not complete and ran out of the house and said: "I hate you ... I hate you now and forever Kayan!", with that she left.