Chapter 12

** Kayan's POV **

I got up for Fajr and recited the Quran. I slept so peacefully yesterday, with no worries. I had to sort things out only in six days. Oh yaar, it's my best friend’s wedding. I was super excited. But Hayat might leave one day earlier with ammi and Aahil, but I have to attend a meeting. I got up from my bed to wake Aahil up. He was already awake, Hayat was in the kitchen, Ammi was still sleeping.

Aahil was all set, and his room was already cleaned, I already thought me and Aahil would be partners so his room is beside mine. We spoke for a while and I told Aahil his work. Well, Aahil had joined the company two years back for a year but he left for his matches, so I do not need to explain him a lot.

All of us got ready, Hayat was in her Abaya. Me and Aahil with a suit. Just then I got a call from Shumayl, and I went aside.

"He bro, wassup! I miss you much bro! You cheating on me and getting married? I lost my wife!" I told him on the call, laughing but tried to sound sad.

"Oh shut up, even you have to get married. But, I will always be your hubby", saying this Shumayl laughed from the phone.

"No, I cannot share, get me another wife" I said. 

"Yeah, sure, marry Hayat, haha", He laughed. 

"You mean Ha ... Hayat your sister?" I was excited but tried my best not to let him know.

"Dude! I am kidding, she is just your sis like mine", I do not know if it was a question and it did not sound like one.

Hayat and me siblings, things are going to be pretty difficult, I thought to myself.

"Kayan, you there?", Shumayl asked. 

"Ha, yeah bro, and I am sorry Hayat will come after Christmas. Christmas is the day after tomorrow, so she will be there in say five days, counting today", I said to Shumayl.

"Okay and what about you busy man?", Shumayl asked.

"I will be there in a week. I am sorry, But sure Hayat will be there with Aahil and ammi", I told him.

"Dude! This is not done at all, it's my wedding", He said annoyed.

"I am sorry bro .. I really am, just a matter of two more days. Not more than that, I promise", I told him.

"Okay fine, but you have to find a girl from here and then only go to San Diego, Deal?" Shumayl asked laughing. 

"Fine, but I have to go now, Allah hafiz", I said just because I know he will be asking me questions whether I found a girl blah blah.

"Oh okay, Allah hafiz, saying that he hanged up.

Ya Allah! Shukar, he did not ask if I found a girl. I cannot tell him, at least for now that I like his own sister and I know Hayat likes me too though we did not confess.

I went back to Hayat and Aahil. We went in the same car. Open-one, it was Hayat’s wish or order you can say.

** Hayat’s POV **

"Americano?” I asked Kayan, smirking.

"You na .. No, get me the coffee you like, I mean your hand made coffee", said Kayan. 

"Okay sir!" I smirked again.

"You!! Call me Kayan okay", He said smiling and I nodded.

"Hayat, are we friends now?”, He asked me, looking everywhere except at me. 

I wanted to laugh but I just smiled and said, "Yeah, sure. We are friends now", he smiled back. 

"Get one for you too", Kayan said when I was on the door.