Chapter 3

Kayan had called Shumayll to inform him that he would be coming one day earlier, but Hayat wasn't disclosed. Kayan didn't remember Hayat really well except that she had green emerald eyes.  

Kayan was actually glad that Hayat was clumsy and she was true to herself even in front of others, but as she was embarrassed, Kayan didn't ask her any work-related questions. As the family sat around the dining table, Aahil commented, "Mahn! Hayat is on fire," 

Kayan gave him a delayed glare, and he looked down without uttering a word. 

After dinner, Kayan and Aahil went up and played cards for a while, and Aahil suggested, "Let's have ice cream," 

Kayan kept the cards aside and then walked behind Aahil as they entered the kitchen; Aahil shouted, "Ice cream burglar,"

Hayat immediately dropped the spoon in her hand and looked down in embarrassment, and closed her eyes. 

"Hayat listen," called out Kayan, but she didn't respond. 

"Hayat Hayat," called out Kayan again, but she didn't respond again. 

Kayan picked a spoon and hit on her head slightly; Hayat immediately opened her eyes and said, "What? How am I supposed to hear if my eyes are closed," 

Aahil and Kayan looked at each other then burst out laughing, 

'Since when did humans hear from their eyes," 

"Whatever, I am not stealing; Huma aunty had asked me to eat it," protested Hayat, and Aahil laughed. 

Aahil saw Hasti in Hayat, he missed his little sister a lot, but she was long gone. 

"Anyways, what are you doing here?" Asked Aahil. 

Hayat looked at him and blurted out in one breath: "I was hungry since I did not eat anything due to embarrassment, and now here I stand, embarrassed again. How embarrassing". 

Aahil looked up towards Kayan to ask if he understood anything, but he had the same expression. Kayan was as was confused as Aahil. 

"Well, Hayat, we didn't understand a word; if you could please be a little slow and reply again," requested Kayan. 

"I was Hungry since I did not eat anything due to embarrassment and here I stand, embarrassed again, How embarrassing!" Said Hayat while playing with the corners of the hijab.  

 ''Hayat, it's totally okay, you do not need to be embarrassed with such things, but yeah, that oreo ice-cream is mine, and I wouldn't mind sharing with you," chuckled Kayan, and Hayat smiled. 

 The three of them sat down to have ice-cream. Kayan and Aahil made pasta for Hayat, too. Aahil and Hayat spoke about their favorite dishes while Kayan stayed quiet as he didn't really like talking, and these two couldn't stop blabbering.

After a while, they went to their rooms and slept after praying Fajr. 

_____________________________________________