~Chapter 38: Help~

(Edited)

Y/N's P.O.V

~The next day~

"So what was it like, you know, in the 1700's?" I asked Philip. We were sitting on my bed. I sat back faced between his legs while he made a braid in my hair. "It wasn't that great as here." Philip sighed as he went over the braid that he made. "I know that it was kinda hard with the plague and everything. But was it really that bad?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I like the 21st century more," Philip confessed. "At least here you don't have to die for honor." He chuckled. I felt something wet fall on my head. I turned around to see that there were a few tears on Philip's freckle covered cheeks. I wiped them off his cheeks and gave him a peck on his lips.

A knock could be heard and then immediately the door opened. "Y/N, it's lunc-" Alexander said as he walked in. He looked at us and his mouth dropped. "Pops, I can explain!" Philip said as he freaked out. "My God, Philip. That took way too long." Alexander said. "Huh?" Both of us said. "BURR, WASHINGTON! I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY!!!" He said as he closed the door and ran out of the room. We slowly began to laugh like awkward people as we looked at each other. 

~An hour or something later~

"I'm going to the store, who needs something?" I yelled through the house. "John wants some chocolate ice cream!" Hercules yelled from the couch. I rolled my eyes and went to the store. I decided that I could go through an alleyway to get to the store faster. So I did that. As soon as I was in the middle I felt a gun on the back of my head.

"Now listen here you little brat, you're coming with me or I'll shoot you." I heard a familiar voice say. I sighed and shrugged. "Yolo, mother truckers, because we're family PG clean," I chuckled as he grabbed my arms and pushed me in a van. 

"Shut it," He sat in front with another person who was driving and we headed to an office block. As soon as we got there an agent opened the door and brought me to the very top. There was one office there and that looked like a boss' office. He knocked on the dark wooden door and waited for a "come in".

He then pushed me in the office and closed the door. I looked at the very back and saw a man at a desk. His hands were clasped shut and the picture would be perfect if he was petting a cat.

He had black hair, a stubble beard and he looked around his 40's.  "Y/N L/N, a pleasure to meet you." He welcomed me.  "I can't say the same," I said with a calmly.

"I'm sure you've seen this before?" He said and placed a light blue notebook on his desk. So he had it. But he's got the fake copy. JOKES ON HIM.

"No," I lied, looking at the notebook. He pulled out a gun and pointed it at me. "Have you seen this before?" He asked again. "Now that I look at it-"

"Could you read it?" He interrupted me still pointing the gun. "Yes," I answered very calmly.
"Read  his page." He demanded as he threw the notebook to me. I caught it and read with the most displeased voice ever:

The things I do for this planet is simply too much. My partner and I have been very, very busy. The subject and the machine are really going well with the magic. But I have come to a realization that the machine needs a sacrifice to work. This machine did come from the future, so I don't know what I'm doing. I hope the past of my lovely sister knows how to use this thing.

A.Em

"That's it," I said as I closed the notebook. "How do I know you're not lying to me?" The boss asked as he pointed that gun to me. "You literally have a gun pointed at me, bro. If you figure out that I am lying, you're gonna shoot me," I pointed out the obvious. "Okay, sure," The boss rolled his eyes.

"Can I leave now?" I asked annoyed. "You are not setting one foot out of the door." He hissed at me. I looked at the window and back at him. "Okay," I said with a smirky smile. I ran to the window. He shot and it ended up hitting the window and not me. 

He's got a terrible shot. Reminds me of Aaron when we went laser shooting.

I jumped out the window and landed on the roof of another office block. I saw him grabbing a phone and calling someone as he hit a red button. An alarm went off and I ran to the staircase of the building to get out of this mess. 

"Freeze!" I heard behind me. "Yeah, no. I appreciate warm weather!" I yelled without turning around. I could hear them behind me. I decided that staircases were overrated and grabbed the elevator.  "Close, close, close!" I yelled as I repeatedly smashed the close button. It closed after a few seconds right before the agents and I waited. There was a fun tune playing so I nodded my head with the beat. I then saw that there was a terrified group on the other side of the elevator.

As soon as it hit the main floor I got out just before the agents came from the staircase and went after me. I just ran and ran and ran and ran. I saw my house and saw that they weren't following me anymore. I grabbed my keys and opened the door. I got in and slammed the door shut.

"Y/N don't slam with the door!" Washington lectured as he stormed up to me. I didn't pay attention to him and locked the door with the extra locks. "Y/N?" He asked. I grabbed the remote for the shutters and shut them all too. "Y/N, what's going on?" He asked as I closed all the windows. "Long story short. I met the boss today." I said as I closed the last window. "Wait. You mean THE boss?" He asked concerned. "Yes, that one," I said as I looked at him. "Are you okay?" He asked as he looked at me. "Yeah, I'm fine," I said as he looked at my arms and legs.

"You cut yourself here." He said as he pointed to my arm. "And you have a bruise on your leg." He said as he pointed that out. "And is that blood on your shirt?" He said as he pointed to my back. I hurried to my room and pulled my T-shirt of me. I looked at my back from the mirror. The bullet lodged in my back and fell out when I jumped out the window. I felt that it had hit me but I didn't think much of it. It was mostly because of the adrenaline.

There was now a pretty big red dent in my back. It was bleeding pretty bad. I picked up my first aid kit in my room and wrapped a big piece of cloth dipped in alcohol around my back and stomach. It hurt like hell, but it was either this or death. 

Now that I think of it. Death doesn't sound that bad right about now.

As soon as that was done I grabbed a new shirt and put it on. There was a knock on my door. I opened it to see Washington "What was the bleeding?" He asked. "There was a bullet lodged through my back, there is a blood-filled dent on my back. But I wrapped it up it's okay." I said giving him the thumbs up. Washington cocked his eyebrow at me.

"B*tch, back in your room. I'll get Lafayette to properly deal with this,"

"Washington, I'm a super-"

"Super-human my a$$," Washington spat at me before closing the door. "The girl may be smart but if she thinks-" And the rest was faded through the door and hall.