Once they were all done and ready, they were led into another room, where a camera and some equipment were set up. There was only a white backdrop in front of the camera. There was a sofa with a coffee table in front of it. The table had cookies and water on it.

“Could we have you first, Kol?” the photographer said. “I’m Dylan. It’s nice to meet you all.”

“Nice to meet you Dylan,” all of them said as they shook hands with the photographer.

Kol stepped in front of the camera and waited for instructions.

“In her element,” she heard Louis say from where they were waiting on the couch.

“Show us how it’s done, Kol!” Liam said, smiling brightly.

“Oh shit,” Kol said, staring at them.

“What, not happy to have the boys see you working, darling?” Dylan grinned as he adjusted the setting on the camera. He had an English accent as well, but not as thick as the boys had.

“They’re never going to let me live this down, and they’re all together to tease me about it as well,” she replied, shaking her head.

He took a photo and the flash was bright, and she hadn’t been expecting the test shot. She blinked a few times and yawned.

“Just look happy to be here, I guess,” Dylan said, getting behind the camera and focusing on her. “I trust that you know what to do. Jump around and smile and spin around and look up at the ceiling. That sort of thing.”

Kol did as she was told, as she ignored the boys cheering. She grinned and gave different angles. She turned back and looked over her shoulder. She grabbed the collar of her shirt and smiled at the camera. She tried doing a Lacoste as she jumped off the ground with her legs straight and looked at the camera as she parted her lips a bit. This was a difficult feat, considering she was in really thin heels. She always had to be careful with her landing, since the heels might snap off.

After ten minutes of that, she was finally let off, and she went over to the couch where the boys were.

“Really, I have to go after that?” Zayn said, standing up as he was called over. Kol grinned as she took his place on the couch.

“Don’t let her win, Zayn!” Niall said. “You’re our only hope!”

“You’re our best poser!” Louis called. “You can do it!”

Zayn gave a smoldering look at the camera as he looked through his lashes, with his hands tucked into the pockets of his trousers. He gave lopsided small smiles, but he never showed his teeth.

It was a good thing tha Zayn went first, since the boys were really awkward when they were alone. The others all looked like they were taking ID photos as they smiled at the camera with their boyish smiles. Kol couldn’t even describe how adorable they looked.

“It’s a lot harder than it looks,” Louis said as he slumped onto the couch after his turn. He exhaled and turned to Kol. Out of all the boys, he was the only one who jokingly imitated her poses, and even did the Lacoste one, except he did the peace sign as he jumped up clumsily. Niall did that Lacoste thing as well, except he sort of separated his feet in the air in a sort of straddle. He was surprisingly flexible.

“How do you think of so many poses?” Liam asked. “It feels so awkward.”

“I got kind of trained for it and I had someone from the agency directing me during my first photo shoots,” she explained. “And I need to give a lot of different ones so that there are a lot of photos that the clients can choose from.”

She paused as they smiled cheekily. “I really sound like a mail-ordered bride,” she said, smacking her lips. “Or worse,” she added.

“Don’t worry, we’re past judging you,” Harry said.

They were all asked to go in front of the camera, and it was a lot easier to take photos with all of them together. At one point, they all passed Kol around as they carried her. Dylan found this visually appealing, so he asked if they could all line up and carry her horizontally.

She couldn’t really object, so she smiled and winked at the camera as she could feel them shaking with laughter.

Louis also had the bright idea of taking a piggy back ride on her, and she hadn’t been expecting it, so she nearly fell over in her heels, which she did a few seconds later as the other boys piled up on top.

They all had their arms around each other’s shoulders while they were on the floor, as they smiled at the camera, and Kol put her chin on the palm her hands and smiled as well. It really was a lot more fun with more people around.