Abs or No Abs (Gou Matsuoka x Reader)

Edited June 19, 2020

You weren't the most athletic person out there. You had a tiny bit of a tummy (which is cute). But you never were that concerned about it. That was until you started dating Gou Mastuoka.

Gou (as everyone knows) is obsessed with muscles and abs. Both of which you do not have much of. You think its cute how happy she gets and the first couple of times it happened while you were with her at the swim meets. It didn't bother you. You loved how her eyes lit up and sparkled and the cute little smile on her face. It was something you loved about her. After a while though, it got annoying and uncomfortable.

You were going though a tough time. All of your friends (Rin, Haru, Nagisa, Makoto, Rei, Aii, and Sosuke) had amazing bodies while yours wasn't anything special really. You tried to work out but no results would ever last as long as you willed them to, much to your disappointment. You started to feel insecure and your girlfriend wasn't helping at all.

One day you left the swim meet earlier than usual. Gou tried to get you to stay.

"(Your nickname), where are you going?"

"I'm just gonna head home. It's getting kind of late."

"The guys and I were gonna get some pizza after this. Don't you wanna come? We can get (yourfavorite kind of pizza)."

"I'm not really hungry. I'm just gonna go home and shower and get started on a paper that's due Monday. Sorry Gou."

"Well, okay. If you want I can bring some pizza over tonight."

"Nah. I'll be fine. Thanks anyways."

"Okay. Get home safe. I love you."

"Yeah, you too."

And with that you left.

As you lied in bed about to dose off you heard your window crack open. You knew it could be one of three things: Gou (your girlfriend), Haru (wanting to use your tub although he has a perfectly good one at his house), or someone wanting to murder you. You chose to go with the first.

Gou's familiar scent met your nose a she crawled into your bed and wrapped her arms around you being the bigger spoon. You knew something was wrong.

"Baby," Gou said, "I am so sorry for making you feel uncomfortable. You know how I get. But abs or no abs, I still love you. Nothing can change that and nothing will ever change that. You're the only one I wanna spend my life with-"

"Gou, I get it. And thank you. I feel better now. And I love you too. Now shut up and cuddle me."

And that she did.

"Who told you what was wrong?"

"Uhhh," Gou stuttered, "I-I might've came in here the other day and read your dairy. I didn't mean to make you upset and it was wide open just begging to be read."

"Oh...it's alright then. And it's a JOURNAL!!!"