Didn't Know (Alphonse Elric x Mustang!Reader)

For @armelleduval

Edited June 19, 2020

He didn't know. He always thought nobody cared for him. But he was wrong. He had Ed, Winry, Pinako, Hughes, Riza, Havoc, and even Roy, but what he didn't know that he had you.

You were friends with the boys and they introduced you to Pinako and Winry. At the beginning you had to admit that you had a slight crush on Ed. I mean he could be sweet, he was cute, and the way he would protect the ones he loved. After they tried human transmutation, you had started to fall for Al. Maybe you felt slight pity, maybe you had always liked him deep down...whatever it was, it grew stronger everyday.
But he never noticed...not until it was too late.

You were (current age) when you died. Still as gorgeous/handsome as ever with your (h/l) (h/c) and your closed (e/c) that no one would ever see again.

Ed and Al got their bodies back, just like you always knew they would, and everything seemed normal. That was until you were on your deathbed. At your funeral, your brother Roy Mustang shakily held his wife Riza's hand as he cried. Ed had his face buried in Winry's chest as she stroked his head while they both cried their eyes out. Al stood there unbelieving. It was then that he knew

You were always there for him when he thought nobody else was. You had always picked him up and supported him and made him...happy and smile on his darkest of days and now you were gone. He never knew until it was too late.