Chapter 27 - Anniversary of the Meet Cute, Part 3

Kim did an absolute beautiful job on Isabella's hair, replacing the honey highlights of summer with a rich mocha color to match the fall season which made her eyes look bluer than blue.

Heeding my wife's suggestion, I decided to let my hair grow into a baby fro so Kim simply covered my grey and nipped my ends to keep my luscious locks in tip top condition. Once she styled it accordingly, really my hair was more than there for the baby fro look but Kim put a few curls in it too.

When Kim spun the chair around, the way Isabella looked at me had me absolutely on fire. She was like a hungry dog looking at me her fresh milk bone. "Honey...come here and let me touch your beautiful hair." She said.

Kim yelped, "Isabella your nails aren't dry. Now you two stop...it's always like animals in heat with you two. Don't y'all have your hands full enough around here? Isa you better tell me you've got some strong purple tadpole blockers going cuz that man can work magic on you. Plus poor Sevyn's gonna need a raise once those girls are crawling which they will be any day now."

Sevyn entered just as Kim was finishing her diatribe. "Did I just hear Kim say I was gonna need a raise when those girls are crawling? Because I could not agree with you more. Is this a good time to broach the subject?" She said chuckling.

I sat there shaking my head at her and waving my finger. "You be careful now Sevyn. I know things about you my little licorice whip."

As I was addressing Sevyn, Kim asked Isa about the boys. "Oh they're good. They're enjoying school and their teachers this year. Although I will say creatively I'm a little concerned about Thad. Prince honey do you still have Thad's licorice plant pot holder? I want to show Kim."

Kim interjected immediately, "Why in the devil would you use licorice as the medium for making a plant pot holder?"

Isabella continued, "You took the words right out of my mouth Kim. So much so, that I emailed his teacher and kind of read her the riot act about devising such a poor art lesson unit. I'm still waiting to hear back from her about it."

"Oh Lord Isabella tell me...tell me you didn't. Tell me you did not contact his teacher. I sat with my hand over my mouth trying to hold back the laughter and looking at Sevyn as she began to explain her thoughts.

"No baby I did leave a message and no worries, I was very respectful. I just said that I was curious about the medium she selected, you know the licorice would be difficult for anyone to manipulate like that and that I felt bad for Thad once I saw...well...his results. You know baby maybe you or I could have helped him a bit...but we didn't know about it. You know a mother's love though, I will cherish it always."

Like most mothers, if provoked Isa is such a mama bear. Sevyn's face was flush with fear and embarrassment at the same time. I don't think she quite knew what to say now that Thad's teacher was involved.

I spoke up, "Isabella...love...I hate to tell you this."

"Are there more creations with this licorice? Ugh...tell me there aren't more. A set...did he make a set of them? Oh wait, they aren't selling these as the class fundraiser are they?"

"Isabella there's no set or fundraiser. I wish you had told me you were gonna contact his teacher because I would have talked you out of it."

Sevyn interjected, "Don't be hard on Isabella, she was just being a good mom and concerned about the project, him.questioning his talent and making sure that he's being set up for success."

"Sevyn now you just hush and come clean now...my wife has embarrassed herself enough because of you." I said.

"Come clean about what?" Isa said inquisitive.