Chapter 21 - Sex Education

Prince's POV

It's Saturday morning and Thad and I are going to have the birds and the bees talk. To be honest, I think this should be a breeze, I just hope Thad isn't too embarrassed to talk to me about the topic. He might be a little shy.

Winking at Isabella, I gave her a big smooch goodbye, "Isa baby...Thad and I are going to run some errands and we'll be back in about an hour." She whispered in my ear, "Good luck. You'll do great love." Hearing her confidence in me only made me swoop in for another kiss.

"What errands do we need to run Dad?" Thad inquired from the back seat. "Well...my boy...first...we're going to go get your mama a little something." Thad replied, "Why are we getting her something, it's not her birthday or Christmas?" I explained, "That's what brings me to the second thing we're gonna do which is talk about [breaking into song] the birds and the bees, the flowers and the trees and a thing called looooove." "What?! Why are we talking about that. Yuck I don't wanna talk about that stuff. Girls are weird." Thad replied in a huff.

"Let me ask you something Thad, do you love your mother, or is she weird too?" I said with a chuckle. "I love mom, but she's not a girl she's my mom. But I can tell you love her and don't think she's weird." Looking in the rear view mirror I smiled and asked, "And how can you tell that?" Hmmmm." He said thinking. "You kiss, hug and are always touching her." I smiled proudly, "Yes I do." He continued, "Plus sometimes at night I can hear you guys making a lot of noise. Do you just hug each other extra tight at night?" I readjusted how I was sitting in the car and laughed a bit uncomfortably.

We pulled into Continental Diamond and Thad asked, "So why are you getting mom something?" I replied, "Monday marks the day of your mother and my first date and that was an extremely happy day for us so I want to surprise her with what I like to call, a bit of flash. Cuz your mom...she doesn't like a lot of flash, but once in a while I told her she needs to let me." Once Thad and I finished picking up Isabella's gift I asked, "How about we head over to the West End area and get some ice cream?"

Thad and I settled in on a bench by a fountain where there was no one around. We took in the beautiful fall day while we licked our ice cream and made small talk for a bit until I finally got the courage, "Ya know son you're getting older now and we should have a heart-to-heart about your changing body and girls."

"Do you know what is going to start happening to your body?" Thad pondered that for a moment and finally said, "I'm gonna get some new hair." Shaking my head yes, "Certainly, do you know where?" "My legs, armpits and face?" "Yes and you'll also get some hair down there by your penis." "Oh yeah there too." He kept licking his ice cream. "You need to start wearing deodorant because you'll start to smell a bit more and your voice will change, it will get lower like mine." "Yeah you're a little weird because when you talk your voice is really low. Mom says it's sexy." "Did your mom tell you that?" Sheepishly he replied, "No, but I heard my mom tell that to Aunt Sarah." I got all tingly hearing Thad tell me that...gosh it made me miss Isa and weren't even gone an hour yet. Thad quickly brought me back, "You're a little weird though because when you sing your voice is sometimes really high. Mom says that's super sexy. Dad...what does sexy mean?"

Clearing my throat I decided to just dive in, "Sexy means very attractive." Thad said, "Oh so it's like when I think Sebastian looks nice for church." Trying not to chuckle, "No that just means you think he looks nice. Let's back up a bit. Do you know how you or your sisters got here?" He looked embarassed, "Not really, I mean I know you and mom have something to do with it and then mom had them in her belly for a long time."

"Thad I'm going to be very direct with you because my parents were not. Whenever you have questions, just stop me." "Ok Dad, let's do this." He's such a cool boy.