Chapter 20 - Spiritual Experience

Isabella's POV 

Standing in the kitchen, I read a note that came home from school explaining that Thad's class will be having the sex education talk next week. In the note, the school encourages parents to talk with their child about sex so that it isn't a shock when they start the classroom discussion. Humming as he entered the kitchen, Prince poured himself a cup of coffee while I read intently. "Why the furrowed brow love, are they asking for box tops, toilet paper rolls?" I handed the paper over to him so that he could read it. He replied, "Ok...ok...you want me to handle it? I'm his father I should do this." "Prince should we talk about this before you talk with him? You know come up with a plan, an outline or script." "Baby girl I've got our little man covered. We're just talking about the basic puberty stuff. What to expect from his changing body. It's all cool. No sense in making a big deal about it."

In my closet, I searched for what to wear and finally decided on leggings and an ivory blouse with a pretty cami. Prince hollered from the bottom of the stairs, "Baby...you ready to go?" As I walked downstairs, Prince was whistling, "Beautiful as always." He gave me a peck and started to button a couple of buttons on my blouse. "Prince I have a cami on, please don't do this I can't be married to you and dress Amish. If you're that worried about Derek then you shouldn't have hired him. I mean are you the boss or is he?" As soon as the words left my mouth I realized that I may have sounded a bit harsh but just like my dress for the AMAs it gets frustrating feeling like I'm dressed inappropriately. Prince stared at me, "Isa girl...I'm sorry you're right. I should have control over my own employees. Let's go." He gently stroked my backside and kissed my temple as we walked out to the car.

After dropping the boys off at school it was the four of us set for a day at Paisley, yes the girls are hanging with us since it's Sevyn's day off. We'll see how this goes. Prior to digging in, we each helped the other strap the girls into their Baby Bjourn. Thomas met me in the wardrobe room, "Oh no...no...no! I get one of these beautiful creatures if they're on the Paisley payroll. Let me take Mina from you. She's going to help me do some paperwork and calls." "Oh Thomas I don't want to disturb you." "Are you kidding me? Who wouldn't want to hear Prince and Isabella Nelson's baby cooing in the background?" After strapping her onto Thomas, he sauntered off singing to Mina and she giggled and laughed at his tickling hands.

On the top shelf was the box that contained all the ticket designs from the Musicology tour. I suggested that we creatively display them on a board. Standing on a ladder, I grabbed the box and as I made my way down felt a set of hands resting on my hips guiding me down the ladder. When I came to the bottom I said, "Prin..." "Careful be!" Derek said to my surprise. My husband, looking green-eyed and fiery, stood in the doorway having witnessed it all. Prince said, "Derek, why do you have your hands on my wife's hips? She wasn't falling. She didn't ask for help. In fact, she thought you were me because she started to say my name." 

Derek nicely said, "Prince your lovely wife was on a tall ladder, I merely spotted her as she came down. I didn't want the ladder to shift and topple over." Prince replied, "Then hold onto the damn ladder and not my wife. Look Derek...I suggest you focus more on your work and less on my wife. [eyebrows raised] Ya feel'in me?" Derek had a sad and offended look on his face and replied, "Prince...Isabella...I want you to know that my intentions to you and your family are nothing but of the utmost respect. I..." Prince cut him off, "Then you won't mind making yourself scarce around my wife." Derek sheepishly replied, "Of course, of course. I'm sorry Isabella...truly...I didn't mean any harm."

"Honey, if you want me to be here and help you, we just can't have this much tension while I'm here. Maybe I should just stay at home with the girls. He was just being helpful and not wanting to see me get hurt." He replied, "Isa baby...I want you here with me...and the girls when Sevyn is off. It just feels weird to me that you wouldn't announce yourself when you enter a room and then you touch someone that you don't know that well. Wouldn't you walk in and say something like 'Oh hi Isabella...let me help you so you don't fall.' Instead he's just coming in and laying his paws on you. It's creepy. I don't like it, maybe I should let him go." "Prince this is a lot of pressure. I don't want to be the reason that someone loses their job. Why don't you speak with him privately instead of in front of me. It kinda comes across shaming. Have a heart-to-heart with him." My husband can be so stubborn sometimes. With a peck he said, "I'll think about it."