Chapter 19 - Organizing the Museum

Isabella's POV 

After dropping off the boys to school, I arrived a bit late to the first museum meeting at Paisley Park. The moment I entered the conference room, my husband stood and made his way to me. Grabbing my hand, he kissed me on the lips hello and brought me to an open seat next to him. "Everyone this is my wife Isabella..." He proceeded to introduce everyone around the table and continued to hold my hand as he shared the status of the meeting, "We're discussing the first rooms to build out and Isabella you and I will work on the Purple Rain room. While Thomas and Derek set up Diamonds and Pearls.

Things started to get heated between Prince and Derek regarding what room should be dedicated to Purple Rain. Derek seems like he has Paisley's best interest at heart, but when my husband has something in mind, especially regarding his work, its best to agree to do it his way or figure out a way to present it that it looks like it's Prince's idea. Since we weren't headed in a resolution direction I interjected, "Perhaps we should move forward with Prince's direction. I'm sure Prince will reflect on your suggestions and move forward with whatever he deems best. Prince looked at me sternly at first, but a slight curve rose to his lips Prince exclaimed, "Isabella my sweet diplomat shows me that harmony is better than strife. [whispering] Thank you baby."

The meeting adjourned and Prince, Thomas, Derek and I made our way to the large wardrobe room. I was busy labeling and moving hat boxes per the picture catalog I was provided while Prince put a rack of clothing together for the Purple Rain room. After two hours, I was almost done with an era of hats. Prince gently grabbed my arm and asked to see me in the hall.

Prince ran his hands up and down my arms and whispered, "Baby you look very pretty today...but would you mind wearing a longer skirt when you work here? I just saw Derek checking out my wife and it's bothering me a bit." Embarrassed I agreed with him that this wasn't the best fashion choice for what we were doing today. "Why don't you stop that inventory and come work with me in the Purple Rain room. Please finish those last few boxes and join me will you?" Encircling my waist he smacked a kiss on my lips and made his way down the hall with the clothing rack.

I was sure to squat down instead of bending over for these last two boxes. As I carried the awkward boxes, they flipped out of my arms and two hats flew out of the boxes and onto the floor. "Whoops!" I exclaimed while Derek kindly came to my aid and assisted me putting them back in the box. Once the boxes were back together, he extended his hand to help me up off the floor while saying, "We can't have Prince's Princess struggling, let me help you up." Grasping Derek's hand, I stood up while Prince popped his head in the doorway, "Isa baby...you coming?" "Yep I just finished." Prince waited for me and encouraged me to step ahead of him, the consummate gentleman.

As we walked down the hall, Prince placed his hand at the small of my back which slid down to my behind once we entered the Purple Rain exhibit room. "I think we have a problem." He said as the heavy door clicked shut. I replied, "Oh no, what's wrong?" With multiple pecks on my lips he continued, "The problem is my green eyes are rearing their head as I see Derek holding my wife's hand after I caught him checking your caboose out earlier." Shaking my head I giggled and replied, "Prince don't be silly. He's your employee, he's married and he was just helping me off the floor after I dropped a couple of boxes.

Prince smiled while we continued to smooch, "I know it's not you...it's all the players out there I don't trust because years ago I happened to be one. I remember how to run a game. As far as him being married...married is one thing...happily married is another." My brow scrunched as I inquired, "Isn't he happily married?" Prince replied, "I don't know Isabella. Men don't usually walk around saying their life is hell at home." Running my fingers through his hair I mumbled, "Enough of this silly talk, I'd better get back to work. My boss may get upset if he finds me slacking." Prince raised his eyebrows, "Mmmm I kind of like that name you just gave me...boss. Maybe I can sexually harass you a bit..."