Chapter 22 - In Sickness & In Hang Nail

Isabella's POV

It was a beautiful fall morning and my husband was all hyped up for a day at his new pet project, the Paisley Park Museum. "Morning sunshine." He said as gave me a big kiss while I fed the girls in their feeding chairs. "Good morning my purple doves, muah, muah!" Smacking a kiss on each of their heads.

While pouring a cup of coffee he asked, "Did Rita call you yet?" "No honey about what?" I asked. "The Minneapolis pre and post school music building that we had the gala for last year is coming to completion and so they're having a dedication ceremony next month. I asked Rita to get some dresses ready for you to review. "That was sweet of you." With a slip inside my blouse for a quick feel he also kissed my lips, "Always looking to take care of my girl...you know that."

Sevyn arrived and she did not have her typical cheeriness about her, but she went about her business getting the breastmilk from the freezer and looking at the agenda for the day.

Prince said, "Woooo Weeee! You and Michael should know better than to hit the Bartles & Jaymes on a weeknight. Whatcha think is plaguing ya? B&J Syndrome? Ebola? The Black Plague? Rickets? Scurvy? You getting enough citrus for the vitamin C? Honestly, I've never seen that shade of green before except when Isa had morning sickness. Are you pregnant Sevyn?"

"Oh heavens no! [chuckling] Michael and I gave up on that a long time ago, it just never happened for us." Sevyn sadly replied. "I just feel a little woozy today. Nothing that a good cup of coffee made with Fiji water won't fix I'm sure."

Just as I finished making our eggs, Prince was there holding the plates for me and popping up our toast. "Baby girl has her own little sous chef this morning." "Thank you sweetie. Sevyn, maybe if you eat a little something you'll feel better. I'll split my eggs with you, would you like some? Better yet, sit down minute. The girls are content and I'll make you a piece of toast.

Prince just sat looking at Sevyn and I whispered, "You're being rude staring." "Nah nah nah...I was just thinking Sevyn that you look like the exact color of the Ziploc bags when you seal them shut, you know the yellow and blue make green. Maybe it's your yellow top with those jeans that are making your skin look green. I really took Sevyn for more of a fall than these spring colors she's sporting. Or maybe you're a winter, I don't know."

Placing Sevyn's toast in front of her, she began to inhale it. "You were right Isa...I think I just needed to eat something." Sevyn began to pick at Prince's eggs and he placed the tines of his fork on the back of her hands, "Na uh...I'm very territorial with my food these days. Plus if you're coming down with a world of sick I don't need to be barfing at the porcelain altar, coughing up a lung or I don't even want to think about some sort of roto-rooter intestinal virus that has my little bootie sore and chained to the toilet. I mean look at this prime specimen of manliness. [runs his hands down his chest] I'm like skim chocolate milk...low body fat with all the delight."

Rubbing my hands through his hair I said, "Now...now...now...my Nestle Quik Bunny, everyone knows you are the poster boy for sexiness."

"Isa baby I don't ever want the word Quik associated with me. [huff and then a whisper] You know I can go all night."

As we finished up our breakfast Prince said, "Honey you made the breakfast, I'll clean up."

The kitchen was a clatter with all the dishes while I sat with the girls and made a grocery list for Beth. Prince took his cufflinks off and rolled his sleeves up to dig into the sink of dirty dishes.

Prince's POV

Eyeing our girls in their highchairs I yelled, "Girls? Would you like ya Daddy to sing you a little ditty? Let's see...how about a little Twinkle Twinkle to my little stars this morning?