Chapter 23 - Think About It

Isabella's POV

When I woke I was in our bedroom at Paisley and Dr. Barring was there talking with Prince. I'm so glad he had the sense to call him since I'm still nursing. I shut my eyes again as I did not want to deal with this sickening situation. I can't believe I was duped like this, I just feel so dirty. Tears started to roll down my cheeks so I turned on my side so the two of them couldn't see.

I can't tell Prince this. He would be so damn mad at Derek, which isn't my worry. I'd be afraid at what he would do to Derek that would affect our family. Plus I'm worried he'd be damn mad at me that I didn't know the difference in his touch.

Dr. Barring stepped out to take a call.

Keeping an eye out on what's going on, I saw Derek come in the room. He was acting all concerned while talking to Prince and looking over at me.

"Did she say anything to you?" I heard Derek ask.

Thomas came upstairs. Besides Prince, Thomas is my rock. I love him so much. He is such a wonderful man after being there for me when Prince was having surgery and dealing with his pill ptoblem. Honestly I fear what he'd do too.

I looked too long and Thomas saw that I was awake. Prince was immediately by my side. "Baby girl you've given me quite the scare. How are you feeling?"

How am I feeling. Oh my gosh where do I begin? "I'm ok at the moment."

Dr. Barring entered. "Isabella...I'm glad to see you're awake. Gentlemen, how about you leave me alone with my patient.

"Isabella...tell me how you're feeling."

I couldn't look at him. He knows me too well. Maybe I should tell him and ask for advice.

"Ok at the moment. I don't feel like I could vomit or pass out."

"Isabella...is everything okay between you and Prince.

That got me to look at him directly. "Oh yes, never better."

"Are you sure? You aren't in fear of your safety in any way?"

"No! Not at all Dr. Barring. My husband is the sweetest man. I have no worries there."

"Then what is your worry? Look Isabella I know you well enough to know that anxiety is not something foreign to you. I saw you after the traumatic experience when Chandler died."

He sat propped himself up on the other side of the bed and said, "I'm hanging out here as your friend. You can tell me anything Isabella."

"I don't need for you to be my friend right now. I need my doctor who can provide me with doctor patient confidentiality."

He sat up quickly and pulled over a chair.

"You swear that you won't share this with anyone?"

"I do Isabella."

"This is embarrassing to share. I mean...I never thought that anyone would know that Prince and I..."

"Isabella...look...it's no secret that he has an amazing sex drive so don't sugar coat things with me. It's evident that you two are desperately in love and attracted to each other. That's nothing to be ashamed of, but I understand that it's not something that you thought you'd be sharing with someone else."

I took a deep breathe in, "Prince and I were playing a game today where we were going to drive one another crazy...you know...sexually."

"Ok...that sounds like typical husband wife stuff. Did he do something that you didn't like?"