Chapter 2 - Isa Needs Some Love

Isabella's POV

Rousing out of another unrestful night's sleep, my heavy eyes stir as I feel Prince attempt to gently take Mina from my achy arms that cradled her all night. He lightly kissed my forehead and said, "It's okay baby...I'm here; I can take her. I didn't even know Mina was fussy. You know I can be so much more of a night owl than you. Why didn't you wake me? Why don't you go back to bed for a little while and get some sleep?" I replied, "Thank you honey, but I have to nurse the girls before I think of doing anything. I didn't want to wake you last night; I know you're recovering from surgery too. Plus you know how fussy Mina is, she just wants me all the time. She and I are like Velcro these days." Prince smirked and said, "I can empathize with how she feels about wanting to be with you...I feel like we haven't had any time together. Our little purple flower needs to realize that she can be with other people, like especially her Daddy, or Rita, Thomas, Sarah or have you given any more thought about a part time nanny?" While yawning, I replied, "Are you serious? I haven't even had a chance to sleep, let alone think." Prince replied, "Well that settles it, we need to meet with this Sevyn and see if she's a good fit for our family. I will give her a call today."

Shuffling down the hall to the master bath, I look in the mirror and hardly recognize myself; by the looks of it, I've aged 10 years. I mumble while getting my toothbrush ready, "Mina, oh Mina my little girl...you are slowly killing your mother. I look like Jabba The Hut." I didn't know that Prince was in the doorway and I hear him snicker, "You are no Jabba The Hut. I do agree that Mina is killing you though...and that you need some time to yourself. Plus, not that it's all about me mind you [chuckling], but I need some very special, alone, uninterrupted, no talk of diapers...time with you.

Why don't I see if Rita and Thomas can watch the kids tonight? It has been six weeks since I came home, we need to take care of ourselves and each other too. By the way, I have a surprise for you." I replied, "A surprise...gosh honey I don't think I'm in the mood for any surprises." Prince continued, "I scheduled you for a haircut, color, mani and pedicure and massage today." I replied as nicely as I could because I know he means well, "Honey, I can't be gone all day and all night. The girls need fed and I'll need to pump because this liquid gold I'm producing eventually has my breasts ready to explode."

Prince sat on the bathroom counter, still holding Mina. "Baby...you know that room off of my office that I never let you in? Well...that's because the room wasn't finished, it is now. It's a little mini spa. I'm having Kim come in to do your hair as well as a mani and pedicure. I also called that place I had come in for our couple massage and they're coming in later this afternoon. Whenever you need to take a break, you can. If you want to feed the girls, if you want to pump or if you want me to thaw some breast milk from the freezer I'll give them a bottle I can do it." 

The flap on my nightgown opened and I began to feed Bella, since at the moment Mina was happy with her Daddy. Looking down at Bella, tears started to fall and Prince knelt in front of the sofa. "Baby...please don't cry. I know that it's been really difficult and you've been doing such a great job...it's time to take care of you now. I promise you'll feel like a new woman afterwards." Prince leaned in and we kissed and it just made me miss him, so I started to cry even harder. "Sweet girl why are you crying so hard? Shhhh...Everything is going to be just fine. I love you so much." Prince leaned in to kiss my cheek, and while doing so, the girls grasped one another's hands. This brought a smile to my face and Prince said, "There's my beautiful Isabella. I know it's been hard baby...but we can do this together." He sat with me while I finished feeding the girls and then he took them downstairs while I showered quickly before Kim arrived.

As I came downstairs, Mina was amazingly not crying and in the bouncy seat on the floor. Bella was strapped to Prince in the Baby Bjourn. Prince looked absolutely sexy in the Daddy role...his facial hair a little scruffy, his hair tousled, wearing jeans and a tight, white t-shirt. From time to time his strong but soft hands would rub Bella's little head and kiss her. I ached for those hands to be touching me in all sorts of harmonious ways. He had the boys working on their homework at the kitchen bar and placed some eggs on the table for me. Carefully pouring me some orange juice, he gave me a drive by kiss on his way back to the refrigerator. While I ate my eggs, he sat with me and said, "Feel a little better now that you have a shower?" I nodded. He said, "Good, I called Rita and she and a friend of hers are coming tonight to watch the kids. You and I are getting out for a bit." I placed my dishes in the dishwasher and cleaned up the kitchen. Just as I was about to leave the kitchen, Mina scored a view of me and immediately started to scream for me. Prince said sternly to me, "Go...Kim will be here shortly I'll send her back. I got this!" The guilt was overwhelming. He followed up with, "Do not feel guilty either, this little purple screamer needs to learn about a little rejection from you. You deserve this time Isabella, absorb all of it! I love you."