Chapter 25 - The Conclusion of the Battle

Author's Note: Sorry about the late chapter. I was working all weekend. Pretty sure my boss hates me... Anywho, you guys know my Twitter and Tumblr, so follow me there if you haven't already. Next chapter is the end. Love ya! BTW, my drawing of Naruto's appearance with his powers is on my Twitter, if you're interested.

Editor's Note: Check out the links in my bio if you want! I could use some encouragement after weeks of editing this... I do indeed have a sketch of Naruto on my Twitter, but the coverart is mine too! The original cover was not, however.

Chapter 25

Sasuke's P.O.V.

I wake up groggily in warm, strong arms. I open my eyes slowly.

"You can't change the past, so just know that I've forgiven and forgotten," I hear a familiar voice saying.

Naruto, my hazy brain supplies. His blond and red hair is unruly. His face is marked up strangely, though he doesn't seem to be particularly injured. His eyes are weird looking, but that's my Naruto.

"Naru?" I croak, my voice raspy. His eyes meet mine, and the breath I was struggling to draw into my lungs is suddenly gone again.

"You shouldn't talk just yet, Sasuke," Naruto replies after a few moments. I catch sight of my Uncle Obito hovering at Naruto's side protectively, though he seems a bit uneasy.

"Hey there, Sasuke," Obito greets with a small smile. "Just nod for me. Are you feeling alright?" he asks.

I take a moment to make sure that I'm alright before nodding. My head hurts a bit, but other than that, I'm fine.

"Do you remember what happened before passing out?" Obito asks.

Naruto's face contorts in anger. I think back to remember someone hitting me in the back of the head before nodding once more.

"Obito, can you leave?" Naruto asks sharply. "I'll take care of Sasuke, so why don't you go check on Itachi and Shisui?" he asks, his voice making it sound more like a formal order rather than a polite question.

"Okay," Obito says, his eyes appearing a bit owlish, his face pale.

Obito Shunshins off, presumably to where my brother and cousin are. Naruto gently sets me down on the roof he'd been standing on.

"Sasuke, can you stand?" he asks, his voice tired. I nod and pick myself up.

"What happened?" I ask after clearing my throat.

"Danzo kidnapped you," Naruto states, staring past me.

I look over my shoulder. I feel my face fall. Danzo's body is collapsed on the ground in a puddle of his own blood. I know that there's too much blood for him to be alive right now.

"Are you hurt?" I ask, turning back to Naruto. He lowers his gaze to his feet.

"Not exactly," Naruto mutters.

"What do you mean?" I find myself asking, disconcerted by Naruto's apparent nervousness.

"I'm out of chakra," Naruto states. "I need you to carry me to the hospital," he requests, an embarrassed blush rising to his cheeks.

It takes me a moment to process his words, but in that moment, his knees buckle underneath him. I rush forward and scoop the all-powerful Kitsune into my arms. His eyes drift open again, the marks from his face fading and his eyes returning to normal.

"Yeah, don't worry," I smile gently at Naruto. "Put your arms around my neck and hold on," I tell him.

Naruto wraps his arms around my neck and I shift him so that I'm carrying him on my back.