Chapter 13 - The Best At Introductions

Chapter 13 - The Best at Introductions

Editor's Note: Wow, another chapter without an Author's Note. That's fun. Come check out the links in my bio! (shameless self-promotion over [for now])

Chapter 13

Naruto's P.O.V.

I stumble to the front of the room, Sakura still reprimanding me for falling on Sasuke. I hear whispers as I walk past everyone, likely about my height. I sneeze, and Sasuke chuckles.

"Something funny, bastard?" I growl, trying (and failing) to keep the sickness out of my voice.

"Absolutely nothing," he says quickly. "He sounds like a spray bottle," he whispers to himself and I turn livid eyes on him. Something in his voice is odd though. Whatever.

I huff and I make my way to Kakashi and drape myself on his back, loosely dangling my arms over his shoulders. Kakashi sighs before lifting me up like I'm not over a hundred pounds.

"Naruto-baka!" Sakura screeches as I shut off my Sensory again to conserve chakra. "What on earth do you think you're doing!? I'm really sorry for his behavior, um, sensei?" she remarks.

"Oh, no need. I've known Naru for years, and this is about par for the course with him," Kakashi says sweetly.

I can imagine that her loud voice is giving his sensitive ears a headache. There's more than one reason why I call him "puppy." I would chuckle if I wasn't so tired.

"Oh?" Sakura mutters in a questioning manner. Kakashi-nii doesn't elaborate. Instead, Kakashi walks out of the room.

"Are they going to follow us?" I ask, coughing right after when I don't hear two sets of footsteps trailing behind us.

"We'll see." Kakashi answers. A moment later, what sounds like two people come running out of the room. "Boom," he snickers. Sasuke and Sakura (I presume, kami-sama, sometimes I hate being blind) run up to us.

"Where are we going, sensei?" Sakura asks.

"Hm, where indeed?" Kakashi replies, beginning to walk up a set of stairs.

"The roof?" Sakura asks again.

"I wonder," Kakashi drawls lazily.

"Kaka-nii, there's no need to be a jackass," I huff hoarsely, trying to keep myself from coughing because that fucking hurts. "You can't decide whether you like them or not based on the loudness of their voices for your," cough "touchy-feely ears," And a sneeze. Fuck.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Pot calling the kettle black, Naru?" he replies.

"Shut up," I sniffle. Kakashi chuckles at the effects of my more than interesting sickness.

It's annoying, but I can't even tell for sure where we're going. Whether we're ascending a flight of stairs or walking down a hill, I can't even tell the difference. I sigh in displeasure. Displeasure that I had long since forgotten what happened when the darkness came back. I had long since forgotten what it was like to play how long can I pretend that I'm not afraid of being blind, of being afraid of the dark.

Third Person P.O.V.

Kakashi carries Naruto up the flight of stairs, his two other students following behind them with wary expressions on their faces. Those expressions would have made Kakashi chuckle had he not wanted to avoid jostling his "little brother." Kakashi forces the doors open with his chakra in a similar way to what Iruka had done and walks across the roof, pausing near the railing.

He gives his pupils a warm smile as they seat themselves in front of him. They were young, yes. Most jonin were put off by how young this year's genin seem to be, the memories of when they had graduated long since forgotten. Of course, Kakashi had trained younger. Stronger, too. But that child was still on his back. It made him proud to think that he had trained the ANBU commander, but he'd had little to do with it.