Chapter 3 - Family

Chapter 3 - Family

A/N: Not a ridiculously long update, sorry, but it's important background information. Plus, there's some cute Naruto interacting with Jiraiya and Tsunade stuff. And yes, there are a lot of chapters relating to Naruto's past. Bear with me, I promise that it's entertaining. Things will really start going in chapter 9, for now it's just background and information about Naruto's personality.

Editor's Note: I'm not going to lie, I did a lot of set-up and I felt that I didn't follow through very well with the execution of the rest of the story. That writing advice about planning your end before you start writing? It's legit. I had no idea what to write. Check out my bio for links to harass me (my Redbubble anyone?)!

Chapter 3

A Few Hours Later - Jiraiya's P.O.V.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY???!!!!!!!" I scream at the three ANBU members standing in front of me. They just pop up out of nowhere, tell me that my godson was kidnapped, rescued, and is currently in the hospital. And that Sarutobi-sensei is sending for me, but that's not important.

"Look," the one in the falcon mask began. "we recovered him as quickly as we could, so please don't be angry at us. We're just the messengers. Hokage-sama also sent for Lady Tsunade. He's relatively okay, that's all that matters, right?"

"Relatively?" I hiss dangerously.

"Hey, we feel bad enough, okay?" the one in the snake mask remarked. "The doctor is mostly worried about his sight. The rest of him is healing nicely. Then there's the mental trauma, but that's a whole other ball park," I recognize this one, she was Orochimaru's student before he became a missing-nin.

"Okay, okay. I get it, you feel bad. What will you feeling bad do for him?" I ask angrily.

"Look, Lord Jiraiya, he was so scared of us when we first walked in that he used the Kyuubi's chakra to protect himself. But, by the end of it, we were comforting a scared and sobbing kid. We did our best. Right now, he needs his godfather. So what the hell are you doing still standing here?" the one with the dog mask asks. 'Minato's student.'

"Alright, fine. You're smart. I'll be seeing you slow-pokes in the village, kissing Naru-chan's feet and begging for his forgiveness, even though you don't deserve it." I say saucily. I race off at top speeds for Konoha and pray for my godson's health and well-being.

Roughly The Same Time In Another Part Of The Elemental Nations - Tsunade's P.O.V.

I take a deep breath, trying desperately to calm myself down. Shizune, my apprentice, watches my reaction warily. Two ANBU randomly pop up and tell me that the Yondaime's son is in the hospital and that my sensei is calling for Jiraiya and I. Knowing Jiraiya, he'll be pissed that his godson got kidnapped and injured.

"His optical nerves are badly injured. He may not see again," the weasel-masked one repeats.

"Yeah, I got that, gaki!" I yell angrily. I start pacing. 'I hate that village, but I can't just sit by and do nothing while Kushina's son needs my help. Ugh, what do I do? I mean, technically he's my godson too, but I never took any of that too seriously.'

"Lady Tsunade, I think you should go," Shizune says stubbornly.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'll see you stupid ANBU-gakis back in the village kissing my godson's ass to make up for your shortcomings that got him hurt. Come on, Shizune," I say angrily. I take off at top speeds for the village, hoping that he's alright.

Roughly That Same Time, In Konoha - Naruto's P.O.V.

I cautiously blink my eyes open, just to discover that Kurama's suspicions had been correct. My optical nerves took a lot of damage, and now I'm blind. All I see is darkness.