Chapter 2 - The Night it all Began

Chapter 2 - The Night it All Began

A/N: Okay, so here's the deal. I'll be updating this on Sundays and Wednesdays. I can't promise that every update will be a new chapter as I might not be able to update. If so, I will add an author's note explaining why I am unable to update. I am a highschool student in several advanced and honors classes, so updating may be hard, but I'll try my best. Trigger warnings are in this chapter. Beware. By the way, SasuNaru is a thing. Also, I spell jinchuuriki differently nearly every time I do it because I use a different writing program and copy it in here. Sorry.

Editor's Note: There are no active updates to this story any longer, as it is now complete! SasuNaru is indeed a thing and it's romantic, not specifically sexual. Honestly, listen to the trigger warnings, please. It isn't particularly graphic compared to other things you may read, but it is sad and there's a lot of introspection. Also, I am now a college student, so hooray? Check out my bio for links to harass me (like my Redbubble if you want to support my poor college student self and get some cool queer merch)!

Chapter 2

Third Person P.O.V.

It was dark along the streets of Konohagakure no Sato. The street lights and the miniscule light coming from windows of nearby homes was all the brightness to guide one's way. All that is heard at a particular street is running, heavy panting, and cursing. "Demon!" the crowd screamed again and again. The crowd isn't too big, not big enough to attract attention from the ANBU, the elite warriors, at least. The crowd certainly isn't small either, though. Several adults and teenagers alike create the group.

A young blond boy with several scarlet streaks in his hair, no more than four years old was at the head of it all, running for his life from those who would like nothing more than to watch him perish. He doesn't understand why the people chase him, and why they hate him. He was called a demon, and he was even kicked out of the orphanage. It was only thanks to the Hokage, the leader of the village, that he wasn't living on the street. He scrounged for food and clothes in the garbage and tried desperately to keep himself alive.

He ran as fast as his little legs would carry him, but he knew that the adults chasing him would no doubt catch up to him soon. He was small in stature, a tiny thing really. Not only that, but he suffered from malnutrition and his ribs were very clear on his torso. He would need to evade the crowd, and quickly. He turned down an alley and ran back, into the darkness. He hoped desperately that it wasn't a dead end. It wasn't easy to try to trick people older than him.

Sadly enough for the child, he ran directly into a pair of strong arms. Fear consumed him, and he was moving again, faster and faster, out and away from the village. He dared not scream or kick or shout, for he knew his fate. Maybe he would die faster if he didn't stir up any trouble for the man kidnapping him. He was afraid, though. He trembled slightly and tried desperately to suppress the terror filled whimpers building up in his throat. He wanted to cry, but he also didn't want to give into the villagers, as they liked it better when he cried.

He hated losing, and tried to make it a game. How long could he evade the villagers? Which garbage bag would hold something edible? How long could he keep his happy attitude? How long could he ignore the glares? How long could he pretend he wasn't miserable? How long could he make himself survive? How long could he keep from screaming?

After only a few minutes, but was surely several miles from Konoha, they arrived at a building. They entered and walked into a large room, the man still carrying the poor boy. The boy blinks and squints as he tries to get used to the sudden light. When he opens his eyes, one can see that one eye, his left one, is distinctly blue, while the other is shockingly violet.