Chapter 26 - Epilogue

Author's Note: This is it, the last chapter of this story. I hope that everyone enjoyed! Just know, I do plan on starting another Genius!Naruto fanfiction, but I'm not sure when yet. I want to try to get a bit further in my novel, which I'll actually be posting on here sooner or later. Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr! I hope you enjoy the epilogue.

NO QUESTIONS ABOUT POST-ENDING! I LEFT IT OPEN TO LEAVE IT TO EVERYONE'S OWN MIND!

Editor's Note: I think I might end up satisfied with this, finally. I'd be willing to do some one-shots in this universe. If you're interested, come bug me at the links on my bio!

Chapter 26

Epilogue - Naruto's P.O.V.

As I open my eyes, I'm met with the faces of all three of the Sannin, which is surely unusual. I mean, only two of them are my godparents. Tsunade quickly contorts her face into a look of calmness before mustering up her courage to give me an angry glare. Jiraiya gives me a sympathetic smile and shrugs while Orochimaru simply exchanges glances with him. Tsunade clenches both her hands into tight fists.

"So, you're up, gaki," Tsunade points out.

"Um, yeah, I guess," I chuckle. "How long was I out?" I ask, expecting the answer to be an hour or two.

"Just over a day." she answers.

I stare at her in bewilderment.

"You realize that you're stupid, don't you?" she asks.

"Uh, yeah. I kind of know that already, baa-chan," I smile sheepishly. "Sasuke tells me all the time," I say, barely keeping myself from daydreaming about the gorgeous raven who just so happens to have caught my heart.

"That doesssssn't matter becausssssse you have work to do," Orochimaru hisses. He crosses his arms over his chest and gives me a reprimanding look, as if trying to say that the ANBU commander should be more careful to not cause a fuss.

"Oh really?" I ask.

I try to look like I'm an innocent little shit, and by the slight narrow of Orochimaru's eyes, I can tell that my little trick doesn't quite work on him. My trick works quite well on Tsunade and Jiraiya, though, if their slight sighs are any indication.

"Yeah, you need to unseal the ROOT operatives. Now. They're getting impatient," Tsunade orders.

"Oh no! Hokage-hime is giving orders!" Jiraiya teases.

"Jiraiya!" Tsunade protests. She shoots him a glare and pops one of her knuckles, making the perverted Sannin flinch slightly in mild terror.

"Hokage? Okay, now I know that I'm dreaming," I sigh.

Tsunade, as Hokage? The village will surely burn down sometime towards the beginning of week one.

"Ssssarutobi-ssssensssssei thinkssss that he'sssss getting to old to continue being Hokage. And he feelssssss that he may be getting a bit too conniving to have hissss ssssubordinatessssss continue to trusssssst him," Orochimaru explains. I tilt my head to the side and make a face.

"I guess that's understandable. He's crazy fucking old. Don't even know how that geezer is still alive anymore. And I don't think he's ever told me the truth about something in my whole life," I mutter to myself. "Wait, so he told baa-chan to do it?" I exclaim suddenly, my face paling.

"What's so weird about that, gaki?" Tsunade snarls.

Terror rips through me, hard and fast. I may be ANBU commander, but baa-chan still scares the living daylights out of me with startling ease and accuracy.