Chapter 17 - The Land of Waves (1)

Author's Note: This is it, the beginning of the first main arc of my fanfic. Just to let you guys know where I plan on going with this story, I'm going to do the mission in the Land of Waves and the Chuunin Exams. The Chuunin Exams will be heavily altered and the Land of the Waves will have some Akatsuki action and an OC. Last chapter, you got some one-sided SasuNaru/NaruSasu, and it will be similar in this chapter. If you're uncomfortable with any of this, stop reading here. Thanks for being so encouraging. Since I'll be in Summer Track and Driver's Ed this summer, I won't have much time to write, which is why my update schedule will slow down considerably until I get further ahead in my writing. The next update will be on July 2nd. After that, I'm not sure. I want to be finished with my story before I start weekly updates again. Once I'm done, I'll probably do tri-weekly updates for you guys. Sorry for having a life! I didn't mean that as an insult, it's just that I usually don't!

Editor's Note: At this point, I still had no idea why exactly Naruto was so powerful. I had zero ideas for an actual ending. This is why you write with the end in mind, previous Quinne. Anywho, come harass me through the links in my bio and take a look at my Redbubble shop!

Chapter 17

The Next Morning - Sasuke's P.O.V.

I arrive at the gate early, hoping for some peace from my fangirls. They're absolutely relentless. They follow me everywhere, and even though I only want peace and quiet, I'm constantly barraged by questions and squeals. It's annoying as all hell. There's only one person who I like to be annoyed by, which is as close to non-familial love as I've ever gotten.

Naruto is my closest friend, but then again, he's pretty much my only friend. I haven't been alone with him since graduation. Kakashi or Sakura or someone is always there. I never have a chance to talk to him or voice my feelings. Then again, confessing sounds embarrassing, and I honestly doubt that Naruto likes me anyway.

Despite what the entire female population of Konoha wants to believe, I am in fact gay. Or bisexual. I've never liked a girl, but I've had a crush on Naruto since we first met. It's embarrassing, especially for me. I almost wish that I had someone to confide in.

I lean against the wall, hoping for anyone, especially Naruto, to show up quickly. Just talking to him alone like we used to would be enough, but he never arrives before Sakura or Kakashi or someone else gets there. I close my eyes, but keep my guard up, not wanting to be ambushed. Then again, being ambushed by Naruto might be fun. And then I have to mentally slap myself for being even slightly perverted. I feel heat on my face and hope that I'm not blushing.

"Sasuke-kun!" I hear Sakura call from afar.

I hold back a groan and open my eyes, watching Sakura continue towards me with a bag over her shoulders and her hand in the air in a friendly wave. I don't shout back. It seems like a childish thing to do, greeting your teammate like that. She is, by far, my favorite fan girl. She's toned down quite a bit since we had team assignments, which is nice.

"How are you this morning, Sasuke-kun?" Sakura asks once she reaches me, setting her bag down beside mine.

Her face is slightly flushed, and her lips are parted, catching her breath. Thank god she's not still blushing and squealing over my "hotness."

"If any one of my other fangirls come, scare them away from me, would you?" I request boredly.

Sakura is also really good at getting rid of the other fan girls. I request it from her every time she asks me how I'm doing. The request conveys my typical mood perfectly, so why not?