Chapter 9 - Why You Should Always Take Naruto Seriously

Author's Note: Hello, how's your day? My day sucked, thanks for asking. One word, gym. There's a reason why I dread that class. We had a fitness day. But I did get City Brew this morning, so I guess it's okay. Anywho, next chapter will be Naruto entering the Academy, some flashbacks about the important stuff that happened during the timeskip. Then, another timeskip to graduation. Things are really going to get going after that, I think. Then again, chapter 13 is the bell test, so maybe not. Enjoy Kakashi's P.O.V. in the beginning. And please, please, please, don't give me a comment complaining about how OP Naruto is. I know that he's on a godly level already, and there's a reason. You shall be told that reason later. Enjoy the update!

Editor's Note: So, funny story. When I wrote this Author's Note, I didn't even know the reason I was going to give for Naruto being so OP. I was mostly addressing my own concerns with that. Also, gym was my biggest problem back then? Oh my god I would kill to be in gym class instead of at work! Not that gym class isn't hard, I just like to pick my battles. Still had no plan for the ending. It feels half-baked now. I cry inside. Come reassure me by following the links in my bio or buying things on my Redbubble because money soothes the aches of the mortal world.

Chapter 9

Kakashi's P.O.V.

As Naruto uses a Shunshin, I feel my jaw drop.

'Why didn't Itachi tell me that he knows that jutsu?' I think angrily. But, when I look over at Itachi's face, I can tell that he's surprised as well. 'What an interesting jinchuuriki we have.'

"Come on! Let's move!" I shout at my team to break them out of their shocked states.

They instantly respond with a well-practiced "Hai, taichou!" I Shunshin to training ground 43, the same one Naruto specified. I feel my team appear behind me as I take in our little jinchuuriki. He stands in a defensive position a few yards away from us. I recognize the position from Itachi's taijutsu style.

Itachi wasn't lying, the kid really did copy at least his stance. He seems a bit wary. 'Good, he knows that I'm here even when I haven't made a sound.' I know that I need to assess his taijutsu and see if he really can copy people's moves, but I want to get a little insight into his personality as well.

"I have to admit," I purr, trying to sound intimidating. "your Shunshin surprised me, Naruto. Care for a fight?" I try to sound as sadistic as possible, even going so far as to release a bit of killing intent. Naruto flinches a bit at my tone, and the sight tugs at my heart.

This is my sensei's child, and he probably thinks that I want to hurt him. He doesn't seem all that affected by my killing intent. His stance doesn't waver, even when I start releasing enough killing intent to make Iruka shiver a bit behind me. Suddenly, he relaxes a bit. His eyes shine with confidence and determination. I can't tell who he looks like more, his mother or his father. But, he doesn't seem affected in the slightest about my killing intent.

"Ready when you are, sensei," he signs. I can't help but notice that his hands are steady.

I nearly sigh. I barely manage to hold back my lazy attitude in favor of maintaining the sadistic personality I've taken on. I grunt slightly in response before launching myself at him.

Naruto is quick to react, sidestepping my lazy lunge towards him. Itachi was certainly right about Naruto being fast. He goes for a kick to the back of my right knee.

'He realized that I'm favoring that leg.' I barely manage to dodge and the second I do, he's right there trying for a punch to the face. It's a good thing that I'm used to Itachi's fighting style. It's beginning to look like I won't be able to afford going easy on him, especially if he starts copying my moves too.