Chapter 14 - The Bell Test

Author's Note: As you can tell, I'm back. Sorry about the break, but it had to be done. Chapter 13 is the bell test. It took me forever to get this chapter right. I was never satisfied with it, and honestly, I'm still not. Oh well. I've been editing the same chapter over and over again for a month, hence the break. I simply couldn't get it right or up to my standards. As always, critiquing is welcome, as I'm trying to improve my writing as a whole. By the way, mentions of Shisui x Anko in this chapter. It isn't actually a ship, but I think it works well for this story. Plus, my versions of Shisui and Anko are practically made for each other.

REALLY QUICK POLE: How many of you would be interested in seeing an original story of mine up on here? Comment if you care. Be honest with me.

Have fun reading the new chapter!

Editor's Note: So yeah, I don't know why I decided to make Shisui and Anko a romantic relationship. It's really minor and probably would've been better just platonic. Ah well, I'm not going to change it now. The poll is technically closed, but eventually I'll have my novel for sale on Kindle for like five dollars. Anyway, consider interacting with my social media or buying some quality stuff from my Redbubble!

Chapter 14

The Next Morning - Naruto's P.O.V.

I wake up easily to the sound of Kurama yelling at me to, "Wake the fuck up!" I nearly fall off my bed in shock of the thundering voice. It's been awhile since Kurama's been so loud to me. Ever since he started talking to me regularly, he's been fairly quiet. Gruff if mad, but never yelling anymore. Loud noises startle me, and Kurama is just like an overprotective big brother.

'Kura, why are you being so loud?' I whine in my head.

He's probably trying to punish me for using up all of my chakra yesterday. It's not my fault that I never have any time to relax! It's not like I'd take a day off anyway. I try to get out of bed and almost instantly fall back into it. My muscles don't hurt, but it's like every nerve in my body is tingling. I feel, well, weak.

'Why does my body feel so weak, Kura?' I ask.

"It's because you finally kicked your sickness an hour or so ago. Your immune system is back up and running, but you have to use minimal chakra today. You can't use Sensory full time, but you'll be able to use your Hiraishin seals to get around for the most part. Anko is still here, too," Kurama gripes.

'Still? What the hell happened? What day is it? Shit! What's the time?'

If I was late and Kakashi showed up on time, he'd never let me live it down. Not getting embarrassed is way more important than health!

"Your Hokage got her to come here to look after you. Kakashi brought you back here after you collapsed, and your teammates were adorably worried about you. That was yesterday, and it's 5:18 in the morning, so you still have time to get ready for the bell test. No morning routine today, you're still recovering. No missions until your chakra is overflowing, either. I'll let you start your routine again once I think your chakra system can handle it," Kurama demands.

'Kura, you are so overprotective. Are you mad at me for running out of chakra, is that why you're being so loud today?'

We both know that I'm right, but he typically won't admit it. He looks like a grizzly bear, but he is in fact nothing more than a plush teddy bear.

"I'm not mad at you, kit," he mutters in a low voice.

I'm almost surprised that he's voicing his opinion to me, as he usually doesn't.