Chapter 23 - The Battle (1)

Editor's Note: For those of you who have returned to read the edited version but still remember the previous ending, I'm curious. Did you like it better before? Or does this ending feel more satisfying? Come share your answers with me on my other platforms where my notifications aren't just constantly broken. Also, is anyone interested in "Moron Butterfly Princess" stickers?

Chapter 23

Third Person P.O.V.

Who would've ever thought that the great Uchiha Sasuke would lose against an adversary? Certainly not Sasuke. Then again, it made sense. Facing a man who could've been Hokage, pretty much anyone would've lost. Plus, it didn't help that Danzo had jumped him when he was distracted by another opponent.

Sasuke barely had a moment to comprehend the pain of something dull thudding into the back of his skull, along with the widening eyes of his enemy, before his vision faded to black. It was enough force to render him unconscious while his Sharingan was active. Now that's saying something.

Itachi had sensed Danzo's presence near Sasuke, and he practically growled when he figured out that the coward by the name of Shimura Danzo had kidnapped his baby brother. That was just plain unacceptable.

And yes, the Uchiha pride nearly made him run after Sasuke all by his lonesome, but at the last moment, he managed to realize what a stupid idea that is. So, what did he do? Go tell Naruto and Shisui, of course!

Shisui's reaction was interesting to say the least. He raised an eyebrow. He gave Itachi a look that cried, "are you shitting me right now?" as his raised eyebrow twitched the slightest bit. His eyes seemed to unfocus the tiniest bit. Then, his Mangekyou Sharingan activated by itself. And anyone who managed to see the sadistic, insane grin that curved his lips a moment later ran away as quickly as possible, relieving themselves in their pants.

So, Uchiha Shisui sits there, grinning like a madman for several seconds after Itachi tells him that his little cousin has been kidnapped by the bastard that murdered the rest of their family. And, if you think he's snapped, you're dead wrong. Shisui begins laughing loudly, maniacally. And now, the world realizes why he and Anko are so good for each other as Shisui begins loudly shouting about burning Danzo alive from the inside, out.

Somewhere else, with a defenseless and unconscious Sasuke in his arms, Danzo forces himself to suppress an involuntary shiver, the reason for having unknown to him, at least for the moment. And the funny thing, Shisui still isn't fully unhinged. Dear kami-sama, that would be frightening.

Naruto's reaction, though, is even more terrifying. He had a small smile as he slashed through his latest opponent. That small smile didn't fade from his face as he heard the news. He blinked once, twice, three times, and then he blinked some more.

His shoulders shook with silent laughter as his eyes began to widen. The marks on his cheeks begin to darken and his hair becomes wild, his eyes bleeding red. His nails lengthen into claws, and as his lips stretch into a terrifying grin, one can easily see his jaggedly sharp teeth. The terrifying grin turns into light laughter.

"I'm going to kill that bastard," he whispers, a sadistic gleam to his eyes.

Itachi and Shisui take a step back.

"I'm going to dismember him slowly and make him devour himself until there's nothing left!" he cries to the world, his manic laughter breaking apart the already threatening words.

This time, Danzo nearly drops Sasuke from the force of the shudder running up and down his retarded spine. Rule number 17, Don't ever fuck with Naruto; it's a really bad fucking idea. Danzo should learn that rule, but no, because he's a fucking jackass.